Bedroom slide seems to not extend all the way

DruidZ

On my Landmark 2010 I suddenly have a problem with the bedroom slide. It seems to extend all the way but when I try to close the bedroom door the bottom of the door hits the frame and won't close. This happened once before and I simply brought it back in a few inches, extended it again and it was fine. Now it won't let me close the door no matter how many times I try.

Is there an adjustment somewhere that allows the room to slide out another ½ inch? That's about all I need.

Lou_and_Bette

Before I did any “adjusting” on the slide, I would check behind the fascia to make sure nothing had fallen down there to block slide from going all the way out or, for something like a screw hadn’t vibrated out to block it. On second thought, check on top of slide behind fascia also. I once had small branch get past sweeper and it took the ride inside ok but on extension, got in the way.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look under the bed platform, too, for any stray objects. Try taking a look under the slide from outside when it’s extended by lifting the bottom seal. Is that a hydraulic or electric slide mechanism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DruidZ

Take a look under the bed platform, too, for any stray objects. Try taking a look under the slide from outside when it’s extended by lifting the bottom seal. Is that a hydraulic or electric slide mechanism?

It's electric. I found a manual at http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/Slide_Outs/Rooms/BAL/accuslide_service-manual.pdf andI found the adjustments but they are pretty difficult to get to. I am not sure how much I have to dismantle to get to it.

Also, while checking around I realized that one of the cables has snapped. It's the one going to the top front that pulls it in. It does come in OK so I guess three cables is enough but I suppose I better get that fixed before things get worse.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With the slide extended, slip your fingers between the wall and the fascia seals. It should be snug all around. If not, it’s hanging up on something. Could be that broken cable is part of the problem.

My bedroom slide is hydraulic, so I can only guess at how the electric ones work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

With your initial description of the problem and having found that broken cable....IMO, that would be reason enough to focus all energys on that discovery right now.

DruidZ

With your initial description of the problem and having found that broken cable....IMO, that would be reason enough to focus all energys on that discovery right now.

That was my thought as well. I watched a video (
) and it seems pretty simple except for one thing. The guy in the video has full access to the cables as if the walls were removed. I am not sure how easy that would be. Does anyone have a pointer to that part of the process? Is it simply a matter of removing nailed on fascia?

LBR

That was my thought as well. I watched a video (
) and it seems pretty simple except for one thing. The guy in the video has full access to the cables as if the walls were removed. I am not sure how easy that would be. Does anyone have a pointer to that part of the process? Is it simply a matter of removing nailed on fascia?
I've not had to do so, but a few members have previously posted that the careful removal of that facia is the access for the cable system.