Bedroom Thermostat Not Working

ctrim

Hello all, hoping for help here- We have an Oakmont 375qb with 2 thermostats. The main one works as expected. The one in the bedroom seems to have power, and when you turn it on it does blow air from the vents, but the air is ice cold. Please let us know how to run the heat in the bedroom. Thank you!

Attachments

• 319837088_664078048746002_7459193058291084635_n.jpg
    319837088_664078048746002_7459193058291084635_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 12

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although I don't have an Oakmont i have gleaned some info from other postings.
It seems that your main thermostat is the only one that controls the heat. Your bedroom thermostat controls the front AC.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

from post I've seen, only one thermostat controls the furnace. Unless you have a heat pump in the bedroom the bedroom thermo only controls the a/c for the bedroom.

ctrim

Although I don't have an Oakmont i have gleaned some info from other postings.
It seems that your main thermostat is the only one that controls the heat. Your bedroom thermostat controls the front AC.

Peace
Dave
I am trying to understand how this works... when we turn the thermostat on in the bedroom, neither of the roof mount AC units come on, (air blows from the bedroom vents). The air is not "refrigerated" it is just cold/room temp. How does this thermostat control one of the AC units? How would AC come out the vents in bedroom when no ducting comes from the AC units?

ctrim

from post I've seen, only one thermostat controls the furnace. Unless you have a heat pump in the bedroom the bedroom thermo only controls the a/c for the bedroom.
Thank you for trying to help... as far as we can tell, there is no AC for the bedroom, there are 2 roof mounted units for the living room/kitchen. When we turn on the bedroom thermostat, cold/room temp air blows from the bedroom vents, and no AC units turn on...

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I am trying to understand how this works... when we turn the thermostat on in the bedroom, neither of the roof mount AC units come on, (air blows from the bedroom vents). The air is not "refrigerated" it is just cold/room temp. How does this thermostat control one of the AC units? How would AC come out the vents in bedroom when no ducting comes from the AC units?
Define “vents”. Ceiling or floor?
Typically bedroom thermostats only power the front most AC fan and compressor, ceiling vents
The furnace is controlled by the thermostat typically located near the bedroom steps/hallway. The furnace fan blows air from the floor vents only
If the fan setting on the thermostat for the furnace is not on AUTO the rear AC fan will turn on blowing unheated air
If you have 2 AC units on the roof each is operated by separate thermostats. Two ACs on a single thermostats is not normal.

sengli

First off as others have said the t-stat in the bedroom in the three new heartland fivers we owned only controlled the AC. Plus the heat will only come from the vents in the floor, never from the ceiling. The furnace is not plumbed to access the roof panels in any RV I have ever seen, except if you had heating in the ACs...but this would be an option not a standard feature.

ctrim

Define “vents”. Ceiling or floor?
Typically bedroom thermostats only power the front most AC fan and compressor, ceiling vents
The furnace is controlled by the thermostat typically located near the bedroom steps/hallway. The furnace fan blows air from the floor vents only
If the fan setting on the thermostat for the furnace is not on AUTO the rear AC fan will turn on blowing unheated air
If you have 2 AC units on the roof each is operated by separate thermostats. Two ACs on a single thermostats is not normal.
Thank you! We did realize that the bedroom thermostat only controls the AC unit in the bedroom... sorry for our confusion, and Happy New Year!