Best 5th wheel hitch for Fuel 362???

Cloakey

Buying a Fuel 362 and needing to buy a hitch. First time with a 5th wheel. Tell me what you have and what you like and dislike about it. Thanks

SNOKING

Buying a Fuel 362 and needing to buy a hitch. First time with a 5th wheel. Tell me what you have and what you like and dislike about it. Thanks

To answer your question we need info on our tow vehicle. Year, make, model, bed side, factory pucks etc

NYSUPstater

IMO, I truly feel and think that is way too much trailer for your truck. From what I see in the Fuel page specs, it says it's max wt is 17,000, unloaded is 14,000+, hitch (DRY) is 3700, CCC is 2700. Don't want to sound harsh or cruel, but based on trailer specs, it's DRW territory.

RickL

IMO, I truly feel and think that is way too much trailer for your truck. From what I see in the Fuel page specs, it says it's max wt is 17,000, unloaded is 14,000+, hitch (DRY) is 3700, CCC is 2700. Don't want to sound harsh or cruel, but based on trailer specs, it's DRW territory.

To add to what NYSUPstater said, based on just the dry weight and using a rule of thumb of 20% pin weight that means empty your pin weight is 2800 lbs. Yes, you can add leafs to you spring packs, or add air bags, but neither increases your carrying capacity of the vehicle. (Legally) You can move the load but the more important thing is stopping it and controlling it.

Most “in the know” people almost always say to buy a vehicle to match your trailer OR buy a trailer that your vehicle can safely and legally tow within the confines of the manufactures ratings. JMHO

SNOKING

2015 -2500 Ram longbed Diesel no factory pucks

Well weight is gong to be a real issue for you, and you will be hard pressed to stay under the 6500 RGAWR and will be well over the 10,000 GVWR(which some ignore). The lightest hitch setup would be a gooseneck hitch and the Andersen Ultimate aluminum hitch. I installed the factory pucks in my 2015 3500 myself, took about 4 hours for the pucks and the inbed 7 pin. It would go much faster with a helper. I had to order the correct size hole saw as the box stores do not stock it. The B&W RVK3600 in RAM pucks is about as good as it gets for a non air ride hitch.

FRl97Ycl.jpg

FTFHPTSl.jpg

Fox

Buying a Fuel 362 and needing to buy a hitch Implies that you've not yet purchased this.
That's good news because you have too little truck (as previously mentioned) to safely pull this load.

These two items will not play together well so the obvious answer is get a MUCH lighter toy or a much bigger truck.

danemayer

There's no doubt that a 2015 RAM 2500 Longbed diesel can pull this trailer. However, there are other considerations.

Depending on the design rating of the the rear axle and drive train components, you may experience excessive wear and tear.

The payload capacity of your truck is likely to be significantly exceeded by the pin weight of the trailer. This is likely to cause the rear of the truck to squat. It's possible to "correct" the squat with airbags, but the truck will still be unbalanced from a weight point of view. This could lead to a bad outcome in bad weather or emergency handling situations.

Even when the trailer brakes are working well, towing safely depends to a great degree on the tow vehicle brakes. Depending on the design rating of the truck's brakes, you could have longer stopping distance, and difficulty managing speed on steep descents.

SNOKING

There's no doubt that a 2015 RAM 2500 Longbed diesel can pull this trailer. However, there are other considerations.

Depending on the design rating of the the rear axle and drive train components, you may experience excessive wear and tear.

The payload capacity of your truck is likely to be significantly exceeded by the pin weight of the trailer. This is likely to cause the rear of the truck to squat. It's possible to "correct" the squat with airbags, but the truck will still be unbalanced from a weight point of view. This could lead to a bad outcome in bad weather or emergency handling situations.

Even when the trailer brakes are working well, towing safely depends to a great degree on the tow vehicle brakes. Depending on the design rating of the truck's brakes, you could have longer stopping distance, and difficulty managing speed on steep descents.

Except for the coil springs or the 2500 rear air suspension the drive system components are the same as my 2015 3500 (minus my Aisin tranny). However, yes his truck is the wrong tool for that trailer, given that he has not yet purchased the trailer, he should do a little sole searching.