Best dry camping spot, northern AZ, Prescott

Hey all,

We have a 36' M312 and are looking to find a good spot to dry camp. Ready for suggestions, if you have any!
Thanks!

Melanie

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

Not to be too discouraging but since Prescott is 1 1/2 hours from Phoenix, and half of the Valley leaves for the north country during the summer, finding a camping spot anywhere around there is a venture in itself. This is especially true if you want one that you can get a trailer in to. You may find someone familiar with the area and Prescott National Forest that can give some pointers but being sure that space is not loaded with campers when you arrive is impossible.

Since your heading indicates that you are from Arizona, you may want to do what I have done in the past when looking for new camping areas. Pack a lunch and make a day trip, without the trailer, to your area of interest and start driving roads and GPS marking locations. But, again finding them empty when you arrive with the trailer is certainly not likely during summer months, including late spring.

PS: I don't camp there for those reasons. You might look at the Rim area, Coconino NF, or Sitgreaves. It is still difficult to find open spots during camping season.

Sorry, I keep adding to this but April will not promise warmer days. I have been caught in snow storms the last two turkey seasons and that is May. You are still at 5000 + feet elevation.

loganhughes

Hey all,

We have a 36' M312 and are looking to find a good spot to dry camp. Ready for suggestions, if you have any!
Thanks!

Melanie

Try "campendium.com". That is our go-to website when we're looking for a dry camping location. However, you can also use this site for locating a pay campground based on your price range, amenities, etc. and see user ratings (even for the dry camping locations).