Best time to purchase?

Dubldeck

In the market for a new travel trailer and was wondering what time of year is the best to purchase a trailer? Also any advantages or disadvantages in purchasing at an RV show? Basically I want to know when and where will I get the best deal. I am looking at the North Trail 24BHS Caliber edition.

Thanks in Advance
Ryan

Kathi-27

t&s rv in texas has the best deals and service by far. ask for tim meadows he great to work with 936 825 2357

danemayer

Hi Dubldeck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Model years generally change in the spring - but varies by model. By the fall, when most people view camping season as ending, dealers will want to clear out old inventory. So you may find dealers offering special pricing and being more willing to deal. But of course the availability of a particular model at a particular dealer is problematic.

RV Shows are another possibility. The manufacturers often provide incentives to the dealers that can result in very attractive show prices.

When looking over a particular trailer, look on the frame, toward the front, for a manufacturing label. That'll show you the date of manufacture, which will tell you how long the dealer's had that unit on their lot. That may give you some insight into their willingness to deal.

Garypowell

No matter what time you choose work with several dealerships in a rotating fashion. The conversation always starts, “I’m getting close to buying but Bob over at XYZ just said he could sell that model to me for $XXX.....can you beat that price?”

You keep circling around between 2 - 4 dealerships until they all get down to about the same price (so you know you have hit the bottom) then you buy from who you like or feel like they have been a straight shooter.

Bob might be 2 states away but worth the drive if you can save a lot. But:

1. You have to be willing to drive those miles.
2. You have to understand that any service you get will have to come from an independent service person.
3. Not be intimidated by the process.....after all they are trying to get as much money from you as they can....you are just trying to prevent this.

MCTalley

2. You have to understand that any service you get will have to come from an independent service person.

This is one of the biggest takeaways, especially for a new RV buyer. Understand that the service manager at the dealership you buy from has no vested interest in your business once you've signed the paperwork on your new RV. Service managers at other RV dealerships even less so (many dealerships won't work on units not purchased there, even if they sell the same brand).

Finding a good, local independent service outfit is like gold (while under warranty, make sure Heartland approves them for service on your unit).