Better Suspension

EB3

I have been reading a lot about factory suspension systems on the blog. I decided to jump in with what we will be doing in Goshen. I have a 2015 North Trail 30RKDD. The "RK" is rear kitchen. The overall length is 36'. NTs come with Wide Trax which spreads the axles apart for a wide footprint on the road, and it helps. The suspension system is the same that has been used for years -- leaf springs, bushings and equalizer. The rear kitchen is great for living but adds weight behind the axles. On uneven roads we get "chucking" which is hard on the trailer, truck and us. After reading an article in "Trailer Life", it appeared that the problem was NO SHOCKS. I'm sure everyone has seen a car with bad shocks bouncing down the road. I will be having the Liberty Rider suspension system installed at Goshen. That will give me new slipper springs (made in Oklahoma USA), Never Fail bushings and Gabriel shocks. This upgrade will make each axle independent of the other. I think that RV Improvement Systems, the manufacturer, will have a rally special. You can see a video (the clincher for me) of the Liberty Rider at their website www.rvridecontrol.com and on the test track in South Bend at www.rvimprovementsystems.com. I anticipate that the new suspension will make a smoother ride and more positive control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The system you mention is the Joyrider system and I just emailed Sonny the owner to see if he will be in Goshen. Do you have a contact number in Goshen and how did you set up your appointment? I was going to have JoyRider installed this summer but didn't realize they would be at the National Rally..
What was the price for two axles?

- - - Updated - - -

Just received an email from Sonny and yes he will be in Goshen...
I am set up to have it installed as well. Can't wait.

EB3

Sounds like you have everything covered we will be on Maple st looking forward to meeting you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The system you mention is the Joyrider system and I just emailed Sonny the owner to see if he will be in Goshen. Do you have a contact number in Goshen and how did you set up your appointment? didn't realize they would be at the National Rally..
What was the price for two axles?

- - - Updated - - -

Just received an email from Sonny and yes he will be in Goshen...
I am set up to have it installed as well. Can't wait.

Would you mind sharing what you've learned??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Lyle:
Sonny emailed me and is out of town and will contact me next week...So I don't have any info on what is taking place in Goshen...I have the Joyrider system in hand and he was coming down to install at my ranch in March, but I had shoulder surgery and could not do it....so Goshen will be a great venue to get this completed.
I will make a posting update as soon as I know what the program will be....or you might contact JimB as he should have all the particulars....
From my research this appears to be what I need for the New 2017 Sundance 3100 Ck to prevent the bouncing of "stuff" in the cabinets etc.....

travelin2

Lyle:
Sonny emailed me and is out of town and will contact me next week...So I don't have any info on what is taking place in Goshen...I have the Joyrider system in hand and he was coming down to install at my ranch in March, but I had shoulder surgery and could not do it....so Goshen will be a great venue to get this completed.
I will make a posting update as soon as I know what the program will be....or you might contact JimB as he should have all the particulars....
From my research this appears to be what I need for the New 2017 Sundance 3100 Ck to prevent the bouncing of "stuff" in the cabinets etc.....

Copy! We not experiencing any significant suspension issues but it's obvious the angle of the Lippert shocks on the BH are suspect. Therefore I've been considering the Joyrider system as an upgrade since IS is out of my budget. Along with the disc brake kit and wet spring bolts I already have in hand I'm curious of his rally pricing and possible install although I could DIY.
Thanks

Bones

How would this work with the SRE4000 From MorRryde. It has more travel than stock suspension?

travelin2

How would this work with the SRE4000 From MorRryde. It has more travel than stock suspension?

Kinda back burnered that SRE mod. As I've researched and read on here in a post, that part raises the rig. Not acceptable

Bones

Kinda back burnered that SRE mod. As I've researched and read on here in a post, that part raises the rig. Not acceptable

If you use the shorter shackles which is what they recommend is where I think the rig raises. I have not done any type of dimensions yet but I will at some point. I'll let you know how it goes but I don't think it will happen any time soon.

EB3

I spoke to Sonny Dismuke of RV Improvement Systems today and learned that all of the pre-rally installation slots have been filled. Rally week installations will be done on a first come basis. Anyone interested should call Sonny at 574-370-4515 or sonny@rvridecontrol.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk