Beyond a Warranty II

tgtrotter

Dave asked me to reply on the end result of the issues. The end result is there is no end yet. We have been able to take the unit out for 2 days and 4 days. The two day trip we found our sink still leaking, the black tank flush receptacle leaking inside unit. Wires dangling and from rear and unjacketed/ no loom. Not sure if that was mentioned before. Some we fixed, some was done under warranty. CW sent some monies compensating for our missed trips and their lack of set up. Service side of Heartland seems to want to just keep repairing poor craftsmanship. Could care less about the cost to us.

Our four day trip on day two we find the shower backs up along with the galley sink after 6-12 gals total. Galley sink again is leaking AGAIN !!. luckily we are with another couple and their unit. We come home and dump, not swift flow at all and check air vents from roof. Spent 4 hours that night and 3 the next figuring the Galley and The shower are on 1 gray and the little lavatory sink on its own. Took two weeks for a service to come verify that. Today the bladder under the galley sink was jammed. And they confirmed the gray tank situation. Has anyone heard of a shower AND galley on one gray tank ??? It would be very interesting to hear all those who said "you shouldve done a better walk thru " replies.

Heartland service cannot believe it either. They are perplexed and are to get back to me in few days advising how they are proposing to re plumb after seeking their own engineers. The service guy here is perplexed too. SO in the meantime my wife and I were to do our fall trip. Not gonna happen again. And we are expected to just take it. It aint over for us. heres a pic of her camping experience getting the water out of the shower.
Are all the brands across Heartland plumbed/built the same or is this just a Fuel issue ? I did see an ATTITUDE exact year and model as ours on our outting. It was a family of four owned for 14 months and zero probs. Think a holding tank issue would've shown by now for them. I keep asking Heartland and CW to buy back or exchange and CW is stalling day by day and Heartland service down plays our unit as not being a lemon,

Man it sure too much to remember, The floor is bubbling too. It is nice looking unit. The nuts and bolts just aren't there. The re plumb hopefully tips the scales our way and Heartland and CW come to the plate and buyback or replace our unit. ....We havent delved past heartlands limited resolution service or CW Regional Rep. Believe me we will do what it takes. . jjshower.jpgjjsshower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

avvidclif

Different colors of food coloring in a gallon of water each. Put a different color in each drain, including commode. Then one at a time open the drain valves and watch the color that comes out with each. Keep notes.