Big Country 3155 Roof Type

jstauffer

Could anyone tell my what type roof I have on our 2018 3155LK 5th wheel (EPDM OR TPO). I have tried searching the forum and it appears that some Hearland's have the EPDM and others TPO. Tried to access the (Ask The Factory) section of this web site but appears they no longer use that. I think they want past or existing owners to do the work for them.

Just purchased this unit back in January and want to clean the roof and trying to find out what type cleaner is recommended.

Thanks,
Jerry

jimcat

Since I have this at home now.. I think I will give it a go.

Directions for Cleaning a Rubber RV Roof​

Use care when working on an RV roof to avoid falls. Be sure to follow manufacturer and warranty instructions for roof access and cleaning.

1. Mix your cleaning solution. Mix 6 ounces of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner with 8 cups (half-gallon) of cold water in a bucket or large container.
  2. Sweep roof. Clear the RV roof of any debris, leaves, or loose dirt with a broom.
  3. Rinse. Use a hose to spray down the roof and wet the sides of the RV to avoid clean streaks if cleaner runs down the sides.
  4. Apply cleaner. Use a mop or soft car cleaning brush and bucket to apply Simple Green solution to the RV roof. Work in sections so the cleaning solution doesn’t dry before being rinsed off. (Drying makes it much harder to remove.)
  5. Scrub. Agitate any stains, grime, or residue with your mop or brush.
  6. Rinse. Hose down the roof section and, at the end, the entirety of the roof and sides of the RV.