Big Country - Septic smell

kskow

We are full time living in our 3850 mb it is a 2018. We have been having a foul smell every time we flush that fills the hole trailer. We have to get it pumped every 10 days but have yet to be able to get the tank filled beyond 2/3 full before the smell is over bearing. Also we get a bad smell coming from the haul closet whenever we flush. I have been adding chemicals and 5 gallons of water every time we have the tank pumped out but still can not get the tank full before the smell comes back

sengli

The black tank has a vent pipe that goes up thru your roof. Hopefully that vented pipe is actually attached to something in your wall? Your roof vent might even be blocked too.

Last edited by a moderator:

osims

bsims
Re: ATF: Big Country - Septic smell

I had to go on the roof and take the tops off of the vents and caulk around the pipes where they go thru the roof, it stopped the odor from entering the coach.

kskow

The black tank has a vent pipe that goes up thru your roof. Hopefully that vented pipe is actually attached to something in your wall? Your roof vent might even be blocked too.
How would you check something like that

MTPockets

I had to go on the roof and take the tops off of the vents and caulk around the pipes where they go thru the roof, it stopped the odor from entering the coach.
After doing this on our Big Horn, problem solved and never had problem again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The labels I've seen on toilet chemicals say they're effective for 7 days.

kskow

After doing this on our Big Horn, problem solved and never had problem again.
Would your big horn smell all the time or only when you flushed? Because our trailer normally does not have an odor only when we actually flush does the Trailer fill with smell