Big Country - Slider noise

Edmundaz

Hello

We are new to owning a 5th wheel . We just purchased a 2013 Big Country 3650RL. I was trying to retract the slides with the remote and the system made a loud buzzing noise and didn't move. I tried the switch inside and it worked intermittently. I thought I might not have enough battery power so I replaced the 12v battery and am getting the same results. Some times it does move and other times it just buzzes. I notice it more on the largest kitchen slide.

Any thoughts? Relay?

I also noticed the fluid reservoir is only half full. The past owner said that was the level he kept it at.....If I ad fluid, is ATF automatic transmission fluid?

Thanks for the help.

Ben and Sara Edmund
bsedmund@gmail.com

danemayer

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

There is a fairly common issue where the 12V mini-circuit breaker trips, causing the slides (or landing gear) to move intermittently - starting and stopping. But a buzzing noise might suggest that the relay that the remote uses may be failing. I'm not sure, but I think when you have the set up with the Lippert Linc Remote Control that the remote and the switches both operate a relay that in turn supplies power to the hydraulic pump.

But you might take a look at our owner-written Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops User Guide.

Perhaps someone with a 2013 Big Country 3650RL can chime in with guidance as to where you'll find the relay.

If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you an idea where it's located.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also noticed the fluid reservoir is only half full. The past owner said that was the level he kept it at.....If I ad fluid, is ATF automatic transmission fluid?

Thanks for the help.

Ben and Sara Edmund
bsedmund@gmail.com

Do not add fluid until you see the level with the Rig hooked up to your truck and all slides and landing gear retracted. The level in the reservoir should look close to the fill nozzle at that point. With landing gear down or slides out, the reservoir will only be about half full. If you add to it with legs down and/or slides out, and THEN retract everything, you will have a big mess.