Bighorn 3570rs ac ducted to bedroom?

Lindap57

Seems kind of strange that some are ducted and some aren't..or maybe ours is the only one that isn't :) The bedroom air is the high profile, same as the living room. We'll be talking to Heartland again on Monday, so should be finding something out.

tljack

I have a 2014 BH 3570RS that was built in April. Both air conditioners will output cold air to the entire coach, front to rear and rear to front.

Lindap57

I guess ours is the only one not ducted. We talked to heartland again and they said we could try opening up the duct where it was sealed off, so we did. Now air moves back to the bedroom and from the bedroom to the living room.

danemayer

I guess ours is the only one not ducted. We talked to heartland again and they said we could try opening up the duct where it was sealed off, so we did. Now air moves back to the bedroom and from the bedroom to the living room.

Can you describe how you opened the duct?

Lindap57

There was just one place where it was blocked with styrofoam so we used a knife and cut an opening in it. If we find we don't like it this way we can block it off again easily.

Lindap57

We took off the plastic vent cover closest to the door in the bedroom and shined a light while holding a mirror up in it, then we could see that about 1 1/2 feet back was the place where it was blocked. We then took the longest knife we could find in the camper(a longer one would have been better) and reached back and started cutting. Had to stop and check with the light and mirror frequently to make sure we weren't cutting in the wrong place. Someone with small hands and arms needs to do this because it's a tight fit up there.

Boozecamp

I"m very sure that these are supposed to be connected. Our BC's definitely is - we've even cooled the rear with the bedroom AC and if our rear AC was working I would assume we could do vice versa - we can feel air coming into the bedroom when we turn on the rear AC. And I spoke with the factory this week regarding the ducting and they indicated that the ducting was the same for the BH, BC, and Landmark.

Dumb question - how are you able to look at the ducting?

What thermostat do you have?

Theresa

Theresau,
just wondering why you chose to downsize on your RV? I see you have a 3/4 ton truck. Was it because of weight or length? Or floorplan desires? I'm seriously considering the 2014 bighorn 3570RS, 38' lg, 11,770 dry / 2,300 dry pin weight. Since you pull with a 3/4 ton truck, do you think I'll be Ok. We don't pack for full-timing or long trips.

tljack

Boozwcamp. I am of course aware of what the brochure says the weight of the 3570RS is, but note that the tag on mine actually says:12,380 dry. I am towing with a 2012 Silverado 2500 with Duramax and Allison. I do have 5,000 lb. air bags but the unit towed fine before adding these. The only difference between a 2500 and a 3500 Silverado with single rear wheels is a 2000 lb. helper spring. The unit sets nice and level and tows beautifully. We bought this model because we like the floor plan the best of all the Big Horns. Currently I only have 18,000 miles on my truck and am getting 12.2 MPG in mountainous terrain. We are on a 6 to 8 month trip at the present and this combo is working awesome for us

tljack

I failed to mention a couple of things that probably affect the listed weight of my unit. We do have a 2nd AC, the big refrigerator and 6 pt leveling system.

Theresau

As I indicated in the PM - we didn't downsize. The new BC is longer and heavier than the 2010 BH (#'ing scheme 3251 does not relate to length in this case as BC is 38' listed and 40' from tip to tip nor did the BH's 3410 as it was 36.7' listed). We do have to add more to the air bags...but have no problem towing and we are within the truck's #'s. That's the main reason we selected the BC rather than the 3570 BH which we were interested in at the start - we only tow with a 3/4 ton truck and don't plan to upgrade it. We also upgraded axles and tires considering the options we added. We didn't order dual pane windows as much as they would have been nice to have, they would have taken us over the truck's #'s... We just had to limit what the BC could have. Now that the 2 ACs work well, BC gets cold even in full sun on a hot day.

Theresau,
just wondering why you chose to downsize on your RV? I see you have a 3/4 ton truck. Was it because of weight or length? Or floorplan desires? I'm seriously considering the 2014 bighorn 3570RS, 38' lg, 11,770 dry / 2,300 dry pin weight. Since you pull with a 3/4 ton truck, do you think I'll be Ok. We don't pack for full-timing or long trips.