Bighorn Front Closet

Gary521

I have a 2017 3270. I am hoping somebody can provide some help with a minor problem. The front closet sliding doors have come loose from the ceiling. The doors slide on a track that is screwed to a board. The board is screwed to the ceiling. These screws have pulled out. I have sunk a couple screws through the board but can't find anything that the screws can bite into. While on a recent trip, the doors came loose. I went to Home Depot and got some screws but they just went into the ceiling material and quickly pulled out in a day or two. I just called Customer Service but they did not know exactly what is above the board for the screws to bite into. Does anybody have some knowledge here before I go poking around?

Oregon_Camper

Can't answer your question, but will provide our solution.

We simply removed the closet doors. No longer have to lock them down for travel, no need to play the closet door shuffle to get into my side. Plus, it makes the room look a bit bigger.

We started out this way in order to have our dogs bed (lab..so it was a big bed) in the closest, because he would sleep next to us.

Gary521

Thanks for the suggestion. Not a bad idea. I did do some poking around and found that the board is screwed just into the thin fiberboard ceiling. So the screws easily strip and pull out. I will not make any further comment on the build methods. I will add some mollies to the ceiling to hold the board up. I will do this just after I reattach the top living room slide fascia, which fell off, as the two staples that held it securely on, broke.

RoadJunkie

An alternative mounting option would be to add a track at the bottom that would support the bulk of the door weight. The top rail would become more of a guide than weight bearing.

lynndiwagoner

An alternative mounting option would be to add a track at the bottom that would support the bulk of the door weight. The top rail would become more of a guide than weight bearing.
I thought they all had the bottom track. Maybe his was left out. I can't imagine not having one.

CoveredWagon

I thought they all had the bottom track. Maybe his was left out. I can't imagine not having one.

Nope not our 3270 either.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 2017 3270. I am hoping somebody can provide some help with a minor problem. The front closet sliding doors have come loose from the ceiling. The doors slide on a track that is screwed to a board. The board is screwed to the ceiling. These screws have pulled out. I have sunk a couple screws through the board but can't find anything that the screws can bite into. While on a recent trip, the doors came loose. I went to Home Depot and got some screws but they just went into the ceiling material and quickly pulled out in a day or two. I just called Customer Service but they did not know exactly what is above the board for the screws to bite into. Does anybody have some knowledge here before I go poking around?

Gary, Just checked and our upper track is screwed to a board just above the track. It appears to be well attached. If mine came loose I’d make an attempt to glue the board to the ceiling.
I tried to remove the doors once but wasn’t able to so I gave up.

Gary521

Thanks, I will do that. The doors are removed by rotating the clasps (just below the adjustment nut) on the rollers. After rotating the clasps, the rollers can be removed by sliding from the clips screwed to the tops of the doors.
No, I do not have a track on the bottom.

CoveredWagon

Thanks, I will do that. The doors are removed by rotating the clasps (just below the adjustment nut) on the rollers. After rotating the clasps, the rollers can be removed by sliding from the clips screwed to the tops of the doors.
No, I do not have a track on the bottom.

Thanks for the info. I’ll store it away if needed