Bighorn Silverado

mwr322000

It was interesting to read the changes Terry made to their Silverado as we just ordered a 36tb and one of the changes we made was to have the unit delivered with the couch moved into the bunk room and have two rocker recliners in the living area. we also switchd out the dinnet for the free standing table and chairs. WE really wanted all of the benifits of a Bighorn but also wanted a bunk house and that isnt an option any longer so the Silverado with a lot of options and some special additions worked in by our dealer has got us as close as we can get. We stil didnt get the FIberglass rear cap that I really liked or partial body paint but they got us everything else we wanted including the 6 point level up system. NOw if I could just get that phone call telling me that they have decided that they can do the rear cap I would be even more impressed. I have to say that our dealer and also the regional rep for our area have gone above and beyond so far to get us what we wanted. I guess the true test will be when it shows up at the dealer and we do the PDI and see if everthing is as promised. The heartland dedication to customer satisfaction is what has kept us going in this direction and not moved on to another manufacturer that had units that fit our needs without all the changes that we have had to make.

cherylm

It was interesting to read the changes Terry made to their Silverado as we just ordered a 36tb and one of the changes we made was to have the unit delivered with the couch moved into the bunk room and have two rocker recliners in the living area. we also switchd out the dinnet for the free standing table and chairs. WE really wanted all of the benifits of a Bighorn but also wanted a bunk house and that isnt an option any longer so the Silverado with a lot of options and some special additions worked in by our dealer has got us as close as we can get. We stil didnt get the FIberglass rear cap that I really liked or partial body paint but they got us everything else we wanted including the 6 point level up system. NOw if I could just get that phone call telling me that they have decided that they can do the rear cap I would be even more impressed. I have to say that our dealer and also the regional rep for our area have gone above and beyond so far to get us what we wanted. I guess the true test will be when it shows up at the dealer and we do the PDI and see if everthing is as promised. The heartland dedication to customer satisfaction is what has kept us going in this direction and not moved on to another manufacturer that had units that fit our needs without all the changes that we have had to make.

Hi, I'm new here and are just wondering about the quality of your Silverado. I really like the floor plan & weight of the 35res, we've been looking for quite awhile and will need to make a decision soon. Other than normal bugs that have to be worked out of any RV is there anything major that you've come across. Would really appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

jimtoo

Hi Cherylm,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with their opinions. Heartland makes a very good quality unit and the customer service is second to none. The factory even monitors a few areas of the forum and will reply to some questions when needed.

Enjoy the forum and join our family.

Jim M

mwr322000

Cherylm,

Well Our unit arrived in late November and as part of the deal the dealer stored it at their facility for us for the winter. We actually pick it up next friday to bring it home. SO I cant help you much as of right now. I have been down and did the walk through when it was delivered and there was a kinda long list of things to be corrected but the vast majority of them were damage done during transport from the factory to the dealer. mostly just scratches and dent from the trip. They took care of all the issues and corrected a few other thing that they found while doing the inspection. We are hoping the weather breaks up here in the north east so we can take it out in May. Ill update you as we know more but Im really impressed with the whole unit so far as far as the quality of the construction and the features. You might want to look at the Gateway Bunk House unit that they have just released. If I had waited like my wife wanted me to I would have ordered the Gateway as it had all th eother features I wanted plus it wasnt white and had the frameless windows.
Good luck with your search.

cherylbrv

I'd like to add a few questions regarding this model - or any other Heartland models that can meet my needs. I'm looking at a separate bunk model with the hopes that the bunks can be removed and desks installed instead, as I want my work office to be completely separated from the rest of the "house". So my questions --

1) Is this model designed and warrantied for full time use: all climates; heated underbelly and insulated tanks; for full hookups and boondocking (I'm a little concerned about a single battery)
2) Will Heartland or the dealer do the modifications or is that something I'll have to arrange for after purchase with a third party?
3) Is this model completely "as is" or is there room for further options that aren't listed in the brochure, such as dual pane windows, automatic leveling, queen bed, recliners instead of sofa, etc.?
4) If the answer to any of these is no, do you know of any other Heartland models that will meet my needs of having a separate office space? I'm not sure I want to consider a toy hauler at this time as it gives up too much living space, and most TH's don't have windows I can look out of when I'm working.

Thanks!

danemayer

1) all climates; heated underbelly and insulated tanks; for full hookups and boondocking (I'm a little concerned about a single battery)

Hi cherylbrv,

All climates can mean a lot to different people. For me, it means 110 F in Moab, UT and -30 F in Breckenridge, CO. For most, it probably means highs in the 90s and lows in the mid 20s.

If you're going to be in temps below the mid 20s F, even though the underbelly is enclosed and heated, you'll probably have to get some extra things and take extra measures to keep water running. A fireplace would be a good option. If you're going to spend time in areas where temps are in the mid 90s or higher, you'll definitely want 2 A/C units. Dual pane windows will help in both hot and cold climates.

Not sure if you can get the Yeti option or even just tank heating pads for the Silverado. If you can't get tank heating pads from the factory, you may want to have them installed locally by your dealer if you'll be in temps below 25 F.

mwr322000

we did the recliners in place of the sofa. added the level up system. there was a dual pane window option we didnt get. we also switched out the dinette with table and chairs. there was no option for heated tanks at the time we orderd. we did also do the king bed in place of the standard queen bed.

Good luck with your search