Bighorn wiring for remote control

I have a 2014 bighorn 3855FL I bought a LCI remote control for it while trying to program it I can't find the function for #3 it clicks and supplies power to it but not getting any function to operate. I called heartland and got noware as to what the functions do. I got nowhere with them. Can someone help me with schematic or at least tell me what the functions should be and the options.
Also what light does the light button cover. Can anyone point me in the right direction before I go chasing wires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lynndiwagoner

I had a heck of a time programming my new remote. Is yours the older one? At any rate, the "light" button lights up the "scare" lights on the outside of the unit.

mlpeloquin

It may light up the scare/flood lights as it does on my friends Big Country, but on my Big Horn it controls the yellow light under the stares. On the Big country you have a switch for the stair light. Programming is a bit of a chore. I had to redo mine when my remote failed and purchased a new one. Had fun doing it. Wrote down what controlled what that was correct and reprogrammed changing only the ones that failed to function making sure to keep the programming for the ones that were correct. Took about 25 minuets. Now I will never have to worry since I have it documented. The new control will never fail! Do to Murphy's law.

I have been doing the same but I had no remote to go off of and not sure what all is covered. I have function 3 on the receiver that I don't know what it operates

mlpeloquin

I have been doing the same but I had no remote to go off of and not sure what all is covered. I have function 3 on the receiver that I don't know what it operates

Here is what I finally figured out. I first needed to remove the switch panel in the RV to see the receiving unit and what actually had connections. Then I finally got the order correct on the remote. Here are my remote settings and the Lippert Wireless Remote Instructions:

Under Stair Light is automatically set.

Function 1 Bedroom Slide
Function 2 None
Function 3 Awning
Function 4 None
Function 5 None
Function 6 Landing Gear
Function 7 Main Slide

Look at page two and your receiver to see which functions are actually connected to something. It makes programming a lot easier.
View attachment Lippert Wirless Remote Instructions.pdf

Thanks mine I have so far figured out
Function 1 is front right
Function 2 is left front
Function 3. Has a white wire and a blue w white strip does nothing when activated either way
Function 4 is awning
Function 5 is empty
Function 6 is hydraulic landing gear
Function 7 is hydraulic kitchen slide and both bedroom slides
My bighorn is a 3855FL 5 slides

mlpeloquin

Thanks mine I have so far figured out
Function 1 is front right
Function 2 is left front
Function 3. Has a white wire and a blue w white strip does nothing when activated either way
Function 4 is awning
Function 5 is empty
Function 6 is hydraulic landing gear
Function 7 is hydraulic kitchen slide and both bedroom slides
My bighorn is a 3855FL 5 slides

Function 3 has to control something. Perhaps a light. You will have to turn all lights on and then see if one or more turn off. This includes the storage bay, front storage, and the light under the overhang. If a set of wires are connected to a function, then it does control something. Perhaps someone with a bighorn is a 3855F and a remote can solve this for the remote functions.

I started pulling and tracing wires and found that the wires were only 2 foot long and didn't go anywhere they were tied up behind the control panel

mlpeloquin

I started pulling and tracing wires and found that the wires were only 2 foot long and didn't go anywhere they were tied up behind the control panel

Well isn't that nice. Must have been built on April fool's day! An open hidden wire. At least it wasn't 120VAC.