Black streaks

KyleC

Hello all, looking for some pointers on how to get the black streaks off the travel trailer. We have a 2016 prowler 25lx with the aluminum siding looking sides. Tried the the camco black streaks remover to no avail. Any suggestions?

2017 Pathfinder SL "attempting to tow" Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght

Last edited by a moderator:

KyleC

We don't have a slide but it is pretty uniform all the way around. Of course under windows is worse though. Thanks for the input!

4816 lbs dry wieght

Ace11

Many times the Black Steaks originate from the Rubber Roof. You can minimize these Steaks by washing the Rubber Roof. - buying some time on the sides where its more noticeable.

Abear79

Hello all, looking for some pointers on how to get the black streaks off the travel trailer. We have a 2016 prowler 25lx with the aluminum siding looking sides. Tried the the camco black streaks remover to no avail. Any suggestions?

4816 lbs dry wieght

You can try goo gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

And use a Magic Eraser sponge with it. Gets the black streaks and tree sap off.

Be be very careful using a magic eraser on the side of your trailer,whether aluminium siding or fibreglass,the magic eraser wilI MAR the finish very badly..use some Mr Clean and water to remove the streaks.Then polish your unit ,this will seal the siding and all future streaks will be much to be easier to remove.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Be be very careful using a magic eraser on the side of your trailer,whether aluminium siding or fibreglass,the magic eraser wilI MAR the finish very badly..use some Mr Clean and water to remove the streaks.Then polish your unit ,this will seal the siding and all future streaks will be much to be easier to remove.

Hasn’t yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

I have used wd40 works on most black streaks for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Used one on mine and it scratched it up badly. Could not get them out.

Could be that mine is not full paint and gel coat. And it’s older than a lot of the rigs I see on the forums. So long as it’s white and clean, I’m a happy camper.

Domi

Bugs N All works great for me. Like it to get the bugs off the front cap also.

John

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Could be that mine is not full paint and gel coat. And it’s older than a lot of the rigs I see on the forums. So long as it’s white and clean, I’m a happy camper.

Quite possible but mine is not that new either lol and it is not full body paint but is brown fiberglass. Oh well.

JohnDar

Looked mine over again and don’t see any scratches. I find the Magic Eraser especially effective on the caps to get the stuck on grime/sap/bugs off. Brushes don’t touch that stuff. I don’t use them dry but with a mix of RV Wash & Wax.

We’re not talking about the ones with the scrubber pad on one side, are we?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looked mine over again and don’t see any scratches. I find the Magic Eraser especially effective on the caps to get the stuck on grime/sap/bugs off. Brushes don’t touch that stuff. I don’t use them dry but with a mix of RV Wash & Wax.

We’re not talking about the ones with the scrubber pad on one side, are we?

No sir. You just have better luck than me. Wanna buy me a couple tickets for mega millions tonight? Lol

GregP

I have been using MEGUIAR'S Ultimate Compound on the black streaks on our BH. It doesn't damage the finish at all and does a great job on the streaks. I originally got it to repair minor scratches to our vehicles, and tried it on the trailer. I also wash and wax fully twice a year and haven't had much trouble with streaking. Not a fan of Magic Erasers on polished finishes.

KyleC

Okay I got a deal somebody come to the Bogue Chitto Campground in Louisiana this weekend and use your cool techniques! Bring your best product! Whoever gets it the cleanest gets 50 bucks!

4816 lbs dry wieght