Black tank chemicals

GK2018

We've done it both ways and for us we can't tell a difference either way so I think it'd be user preference. Sometimes we add it before we move and sometimes we just wait until setup. Either way we go we always add a couple toilet flushes full of water so it can start to mix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

taskswap

I think of it in terms of tank dumps. Every time I dump I like to put 2-3 gallons of fresh water back into each black tank and add my chemicals so the tank is never truly "empty". In potentially freezing weather I add half a bottle of RV antifreeze to protect the valves. It doesn't matter whether I'm traveling or not. I just never want waste going into an empty tank where it can dry out before it breaks down.

CoveredWagon

I also add 5 or so gallons of water to the tank after I flush, then I toss in a bag. When travelling this really helps clean the bottom of the tank (especially with,roads in MICHIGAN it's the roads Gov NitWit).

centerline

Depends on the chemical.... i use borax, and for the best results i find its best to let the chemical do its thing at a relaxed pace, rather than asking it to solve the problem NOW, when you decide not to put up with the smell any longer....

My tanks are ALWAYS charged, even in the off season... so there is never a smell....