Black tank dump valve access 2007 Big Horn 3055RL

DougNZ

I went to do a black tank dump but nothing came out, handle pulls cable OK so I guess the cable is disconnected from the black tank dump valve so now I need to access that valve, what is the easiest access strategy ? Any other advice on possible related issues and how to solve them are much appreciated, thanks Doug

Dahillbilly

try dropping down the edge of the chloroplast so you can see inside; locate the valve & then cut triangle(two sides, hinged side to the front) opening in chloroplast underneath the valve. Make repairs & then tape up the opening with good duct tape. Good luck

Routemaster

You could have the cut out hole slug in there when they drilled out hole for the down pipe and has floated to the gate valve shutting off black water.
Been there done that.
Good luck.
Den.

rhodies1

agree with Routemaster. Had that dreaded slug in my tank as well. As. Stated,, drop coroplast around pipe exit and have someone work the pull handle to see if it is functioning or disconnected. If it’s working, buy A Vakterra black flusher and back flush into the black tank to drive the blockage back into tank away from the valve opening .

Bogie

If the handle and cable pull in and out easily with no resistance at all, it is likely it has disconnected and you will need to cut the
Corplast fix as others have said. If you feel resistance and think the valve is moving, there may be a plug. In that case a reverse flush valve may help remove the clog.

REVERSE FLUSH VALVE.png

wdk450

Any chance you already have one of these add-on valves on the outlet pipe as listed in previous thread posts? You have to open this valve too, to get wastewater flow.

Routemaster

Any joy with yours DougNZ?
Do you know that I forgot that I had this access deck hole in my shop, it could save doping the belly and I have in the past replaced both the galley and bath gate valves on this tub, so I am now thinking when time arises I thought about cutting and make up a back up plate installing this one at the location of the loo gate valve then one could stick the alloy and insulation to the inside and screw it up on in, what do you reckon good or bad idea?
Den.

Attachments

• Marine access.JPG
    Marine access.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 3