Black tank fell off the unit

Genois

Hello, we bought our Heartland Big Country 36 foot fifth wheel last August, we used it for about a month and the winterized. We then opened it up again in April 2022 and stay in it. This unit is on a permanent lot and NEVER moves. My husband was taking off underbelly as 5here was a leak and the whole black tank jus5 dropped to the ground. Looks like it was never secured. Now what a mess to try to get it fixed! has anyone else experienced this? Have chatted with several people and they have never ever seen this before. Of course it happened Saturday afternoon so waiting to hear from dealership this morning. Thanks

wdk450

I remembered a recent posting that involved a black tank dropping, used the New and Improved forum advanced search function, and came up with the following thread. Be sure to read post #3:

Genois

There have been reports of tanks doing this, but it was freshwater tanks people were talking about.
Ours was the black tank, we have been told that there is a new “way” of mounting them 5hat there is no safety strap for 7nits that are not being pulled or are permanent. However, the manufacturer would have no idea if this unit was going to be pulled or not, we just bought it off the lot at a dealership. Something smells here….and I don’t believe it is the tank