Black waste tank Flex Cable install

Hi team,
This is on a 2015 Gateway BHS 3650, need to replace the remote flex cable on the front black waste tank valve and wondering how to access the valve. I am guessing I'll have to remove the under belly panel and just wondering if anyone has any recommendation.

Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Only drop as much underbelly material as necessary to access the valve.
Using an 8 foot 2x4 will aid in putting the material up in place.
Oh, and about three more arms.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Hi team,
This is on a 2015 Gateway BHS 3650, need to replace the remote flex cable on the front black waste tank valve and wondering how to access the valve. I am guessing I'll have to remove the under belly panel and just wondering if anyone has any recommendation.

Thank you.
You may not need to replace the whole cable; it can be cut and shorten. The cable should be held in the valve with an Allen screw.

Only drop as much underbelly material as necessary to access the valve.
Using an 8 foot 2x4 will aid in putting the material up in place.
Oh, and about three more arms.

Peace
Dave
HI Dave,
Is this a big job? I see the waste pipe coming out the under cover and though I just need to remove a panel of some sort to access the valve right above the pipe.

You may not need to replace the whole cable; it can be cut and shorten. The cable should be held in the valve with an Allen screw.
I believe I have to replace the cable unit as the cable housing broke at the T-handle cylinder, so when pushing the handle in the housing moves with the cable.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
HI Dave,
Is this a big job? I see the waste pipe coming out the under cover and though I just need to remove a panel of some sort to access the valve right above the pipe.
Many of us here have done that at least once. It's a PIA job.
You might consider cutting a larger three sided flap in that Coroplast near where you plan to plan to work, being careful that there is no tank above the cuts. Hinge end toward the front of the camper.
You can put that back together with some screws, pieces of wood and some Gorilla tape.

Peace
Dave

Update:
Was super easy to install, found the part on Amazon for half the cost and turns out my Gateway had the under belly panel already cut where the valves are located so just needed to peel off the sealing tape. Bought my trailer new from dealer so I am guessing the dealer pre cut the panel.