Black water tank not draining - 2017 big horn 3160

scottknight1

It’s very hard to pull The handle out and in. I use a macerator, but. Nothing is coming out of the 3” pipe. I assume the valve is shut closed.

Am thinking I might back flush it and see if I need more fluids in the tank. I can never tell if it’s full. Always have 4 lights on so the meters are not working.

I bought a new Valterra cable valve. But don’t wa to take things apart and the tank is full.

Any tips?

Thx in advance.

rhodies1

Buy yourself a Valterra back flush valve that goes on the end of the discharge pipe and back flush from there...buy the valve which allows a water hose hook up.open discharge valve on trailer and force water back up into tank .youll be surprised what comes out.

scottknight1

Thx guys. I have one of these. And a back flush on the big horn 6160 5th wheel.
I’ll try both to see if it will start to drain.
I’m assume the valve on the tank is stuck closed no matter how many times I open and close the cable to the valve.

david-steph2018

The cable may have come off. These are held on by a set screw on the valve body. It could also be the cable is wrapped around something making it hard to pull. They do not cut the pull cables to length, just coil the cable and tie wrap or run the cable a long way.

To check to see if it has come loose from the valve body, you will need to access the bottom of the undercovering. Find the valve and cut an access panel to look and see what is going on in there.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If the cable is no longer attached to the “barrel” on the end of the blade valve shaft, the cable can be pulled clear of the flexible protective sheath.
If the handle is stiff to pull or push back in and nothing drains, I likely think the bottom of the tank is full of solids.
A macerator only grinds up the poop & paper. Still need lots of water to flush the settled solids from the tank.
Don’t have one, but that’s my opinion

Routemaster

You might want to spray some silicone in at the black handle to see if it might free it up also I took the wall down and make sure the cable does not have a kink there should be a nice sweep.