"Blue eyes" lights on front of North Trail 24BHS

pedirob

Hi gang...my North Trail 24BHS has 2 blue led lights on the front of the trailer. They look like eyes. They are controlled by a switch inside the pass-through storage compartment. What is the purpose of these lights?

Lights - 1.jpg

Fox

Lights are generally installed for the purpose of night-time illumination.

NP_Chief

My Torque has clear ones on the front.

IMG_0208.jpg

Like Fox said, they come in handy if you have to have to hook up or disconnect in the dark. Since they are blue, I would say they're more accent lights than anything else.

farupp

I don't recall if my 2018 24BHS has these lights. I'll check the next time we use the trailer. Now I am curious!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hi gang...my North Trail 24BHS has 2 blue led lights on the front of the trailer. They look like eyes. They are controlled by a switch inside the pass-through storage compartment. What is the purpose of these lights?

View attachment 61786

Accent Lights, You have an additional oval flood light for hookup, etc on lower front passenger side. Switch for that light should be on the bottom of the light.

wdk450

Aren't blue exterior lights on a vehicle restricted to use by law enforcement agencies in most states?

farupp

My 2018 NY 24BHS does not have those lights. Maybe an option? It does have the white hook-up lights on the lower panel on both sides.

pedirob

That’s my assumption, that they are decorative, and maybe for a little extra visibility so people don’t crash into your trailer at night when it’s in a park. I don’t think they are for driving since the control is inside the storage compartment. But they are surprisingly bright for a decorative light.

danemayer

Imagine a graphic on the front showing the head of a cougar or some other cat that might be appropriate for a Prowler. Those blue lights would probably be placed perfectly to be the eyes of the beast.

Markles

I store my tool box in the front compartment near the "blue light " switch. While driving on a section of RT84 in Conn. every time is hit a bump or dip in the road. the box pressed against the switch at just the right position to turn the light on and off intermittently. I saw the blue lights flashing in my rearview mirror. I though there was a cop behind me until i realized what was going on.

So I guess they are there to keep you awake!