BOSS bv6654b

Hello! We recently purchased a 2016 Heartland Trail Runner SLE with a Boss bv6654b stereo/DVD player. The problem is we cannot figure out how to turn it on. Any ideas?

Absolutely nothing. There is a switch above the sink that so far doesn't have a purpose. Heartland says may be connected to the stereo, but still no power no matter what position it's in.

david-steph2018

Did you check the fuses in the 12VDC panel?
Since it is a pre-owned unit, somebody may have removed the fuse, or it could have blown.

So we are on our last trip this season with our camper and still haven't figured out the Boss situation. We can't figure out how to turn it on (no problem with the fuse), not sure how to remove it to see if the power cable has come loose (after looking online, there is no place to insert keys for removal), and we're not sure what the function is for a couple of these things. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220828_111428.jpg
    20220828_111428.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

mlpeloquin

As far as the red button, it turns on your over the air antenna amplifier. For park cable the amplifier needs to be off.

mlpeloquin

Maybe I am full of prunes on this. I enlarged the pic and then realized that the bottom is a 12V plug socket.

Et1958

As stated above, red button for OTA antenna, Bottom socket is for 12V in case you have a portable Tv that takes 12v. The red,white.yellow cables can hook up to your TV (usually) and supply the sound thru your stereo system of the rv. At least mine does.

Dahillbilly

Absolutely nothing. There is a switch above the sink that so far doesn't have a purpose. Heartland says may be connected to the stereo, but still no power no matter what position it's in.
remove the switch cove & using a non-contact circuit tester see if there is any voltage. If there is being very careful use a multi-meter to see what voltage you have, Good luck