bouncey bounce..

barneyboy

I have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 toy hauler. LOVE IT but the rear end bounces like crazy and my batteries in golf cart jump out of place. Anyone else have this issue?I have it tied down to the max and still every time batteries jump out of place..:confused:

porthole

Retired
Secure the batteries.

The batteries in our cart do not move, they are held down by 3 separate hold down clamps.

Rddocatt

Check your leaf springs. I did an inspection on my Elkridge today and found that both rear leaf springs had broken

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rick,
Sorry to hear about this. Bob just went through the same thing and had it repaired there locally. You might talk to him. Trace

porthole

Retired
bounces like crazy and my batteries in golf cart jump out of place.

I have it tied down to the max and still every time batteries jump out of place..:confused:

"How" are you tying it down?
Pulling it down tight to the floor?

I would suggest you let the cart, motorcycle or any toy for that matter ride on it's own suspension.

I tie our cart down with 4 M&R straps, no HF junk.
http://mrproducts.com/tie-downs.aspx

Front and rear straps crisscross, with the front pulling slightly forward and the rear pulling slightly rearward. I use to use a 5th strap around the differential pulling straight back but found it is not needed.
I do not pull either the cart or the bike straight down.

Jim.Allison

Beside the obvious tie down solutions, inspect less obvious; your suspension, and shocks on BOTH tow vehicle and fiver.

Rddocatt

Rick,
Sorry to hear about this. Bob just went through the same thing and had it repaired there locally. You might talk to him. Trace
Bob said he spoke with you. He was gracious and called me after talking with you Kudos to Bob for reaching out. He was able to get me to Mufflers West. Great service and great people there . Class operation good to his word and I am very pleased. I had spoken to Giant RV and of course Jennifer was wonderful but they could not o anything for weeks to come. Heartland wanted Giant to examine the springs and add yet another time element to the repair and we need to submitt the springs. I have kept the springs and will submitt them for warranty work and cost of repairs.
Again Kudo to Bob for doing more than he had to. He even called the guy to tell him I was coming and described the problem for me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Rick for the kudoes and was glad to do it. But this is what HL people do for other HL people. My SoCal flock means alot to me...SO...if I can help someone, I am more than happy to do it. Besides it gives me something to do. Ya never know....maybe someday I will need a favor.

Yes, the guys at Mufflers West are great. What ever they tell you about the time frame and dollar amounts for the repair is what they do. I recommend them to everyone.

BLHFUN

I'm pulling the same toy hauler and with the same truck (except year) and do not have a bounce issue at all. Are you running bags on you Truck? If you are, I run the pump to 60 Psi and it pulls perfectly with very little TV bounce. If you truck is bouncing, then it's exaggerated 40 foot behind the truck and could be creating some of the garage bouncey bounce. Just a thought