Brand new Gravity ?thetford toilet not working properly

Just bought a brand new 2021 Gravity 3610. Has 2 toilets. The Master bed toilet does not work properly. You can only barely apply pressure to the fill/flush pedal to get a trickle of water in the bowl. Past that, that flap opens. The garage toilet works right. You can push the pedal almost to 1/2 way, bowl fills quickly with water, then past 1/2 peddle, flap opens.

Dealer says "sounds ok to me"...NOT....Thetford did not return my email. Anyone had this problem with brand new? Don't want to spend the 140 mile round trip, 1 week at dealer for this.

TIA for any help.

Ed

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure about your model, but with some other models , you pressed down to flush and lifted up to fill the bowl. Check your manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

On ours, I walk a narrow line between adding water to the bowl and flushing. Very slight pressure starts water flow without opening flush seal. Slightly more pressure and water is going out. Tough sometimes for this old guy to hold steady pressure while balancing on one foot. LOL

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Ours does the same as Lou's, slightly press the pedal to add water and press fully to flush. I believe that is the standard. I've never heard of an adjustment to the pedal.

The garage toilet is the same model and works flawlessly. I'll pull it off and see if something is messed up on it. Thanks

Flick

Ed, I would check the toilet supply line. The problem may not be with the toilet. It could be in the supply line.