Broken “door stop”, wind gust damage

My husband and I went to Canyon Lake north of San Antinio in our 2017 Heartland Caliber travel trailer.
The wind gusts were high and our exterior door was ripped out of hands of our granddaughter.

There is a hydraulic “door stop” that broke off of the underside of the door, so we need to replace it.

Has anyone else had this happen and if yes, do you know what the more official name for that part is so that we can order it from heartland?

thank you!
Lori

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My husband and I went to Canyon Lake north of San Antinio in our 2017 Heartland Caliber travel trailer.
The wind gusts were high and our exterior door was ripped out of hands of our granddaughter.

There is a hydraulic “door stop” that broke off of the underside of the door, so we need to replace it.

Has anyone else had this happen and if yes, do you know what the more official name for that part is so that we can order it from heartland?

thank you!
Lori

Is there a manufacturer’s label on it? Most likely a part number will be part of it. Might be able to get it direct from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

HI Lori, TexasRookie,

You might take the piece off and just take it to Tweety's in Bulverde. They have a good selection of parts and can order it not in stock. They are also one of the best and least expensive places.

Jim M

HI Lori, TexasRookie,

You might take the piece off and just take it to Tweety's in Bulverde. They have a good selection of parts and can order it not in stock. They are also one of the best and least expensive places.

Jim M
Thank you! We were not aware of Tweety’s! Might be faster than thee manufacturers... appreciate the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

Did the piston break or the ball mount attached to the door?
It’s just the piston itself, where. The ball that it attaches to is still good. 😉

Ukexile

thank you!
Lori
Something similar happened to me on a Wilderness. The ‘ball’ attachment assembly on the underside of the door pulled out from the door after a gust of wind. Used JBWeld for metal to reattach to the door. So far, so good; but am careful to avoid too much stress on hydraulic arm just in case.

Something similar happened to me on a Wilderness. The ‘ball’ attachment assembly on the underside of the door pulled out from the door after a gust of wind. Used JBWeld for metal to reattach to the door. So far, so good; but am careful to avoid too much stress on hydraulic arm just in case.

I am sorry to hear that this also happened to you! I just shared your post with my husband. We are leaving for a weekend excursion tomorrow, so will have to try this! Thank you ☺️