Bushing confusion

roy67ss

Hi all. I am going to replace my bolts and bushings as I suspect they are still the dry originals. The last 2 rigs I have owned, I replaced them with a wet kit that had bronze bushings and they have serviced me well. I have been reading about the newer never fail bushings and other options such as a nylon bushing and greasable pins. I am looking for recommendations from those with real world experiences. This rig will likely travel 5,000+ miles per year. I should probably replace the equalizer while I am at it so, thoughts on that would also be welcome.

rhodies1

I currently have wet bolts with no issues..my cousin just serviced his unit on the weekend.He has never fail bushings in 4 shackle spots due to correct track and wet bolts not being long enough for the application.
He installed his never fail bushings 5 years ago, he was very pleased when he took it apart, he felt he still could have gone another year or so with old ones.

MTPockets

Can speak only about Neverfail... I installed them shortly after purchasing the BigHorn new in late 2011. Sold the rig in early 2016 after traveling full time from FL to WA to OH, AZ, a number of times. No idea the total miles, but never had any issues with tire wear, suspension, etc... The technology is flawless, however, they must be installed properly and insure other components/bolts are properly torqued regularly.