Cable/Satellite TV connection RL250

JSPyle

Hello everyone,
I have an RL 250 (2021 yr). I set up the WALLY/ Direct TV system directly to the onboard TV. It works perfectly. I then connected the coax to the connection on the back of the trailer and nothing works now. I replaced the short coax from the internal trailer to TV twice so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

Is there anything obvious that I am missing such as a cutout or switch or are all roads leading to a trip to the repair shop?

Thanks
Jeff & Lori

danemayer

Does your trailer have both a coax connection for cable TV, and a different one for satellite? Satellite signals won't go through the cable TV line.

JSPyle

Does your trailer have both a coax connection for cable TV, and a different one for satellite? Satellite signals won't go through the cable TV line.

Good morning,
No separate connection that I find. Just the one connection at the back. The dealer (Gander Outdoor) said that the Satellite system would work with that.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a slide and don't have a separate satellite input you can probably sneak the coax in between the slide wiper seals and the slide wall.
You can also find a more permanent solution by installing something like this.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Good morning,
No separate connection that I find. Just the one connection at the back. The dealer (Gander Outdoor) said that the Satellite system would work with that.

Jeff
The cable TV coax merges with the rooftop antenna coax at the signal booster. Unless something has changed recently, signal boosters won't pass a satellite signal.

JSPyle

Interesting, I didn't even think about the off-air and CATV systems being combined. Seems that a new feed through is what is needed. Thank you everyone.

Jeff & Lori