Cable style dining room slideout

We have a 2018 Mallard IDM26. It has the dining area slideout that is cable operated. No issues yet but, for future reference
does anyone know where the motor/pump unit is located and how to manually operate it? We bought it used and all i have for a manual
on the camper is a thumbdrive that i can't access at the moment. We have a 2 week trip planned starting on the 14th this month. I would like to be prepared
just in case there is trouble using the slide. After my back surgeries it's not very fun crawling around under the camper and looking for something. Thanks in advance
and May God Bless.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Most cable drives have the motor behind the bottom or top fachia (sp?). The motor is not usually the problem with a cable slide. They are actually pretty reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dahillbilly

All of the info you need is in the User Guides under the Tools tab on the menu above. Look for the BAl guide.

thewanderingeight

I had 3 cable-driven slides on our last Travel Trailer and luckily never ran into an issue with them. The most common issue that pops up with these systems are cables that come out of alignment, or cables breaking. I never had a cable break, but I would assume you will start seeing the cable fray before they break, so I just did a quick inspection on each cable after we brought the slides out. There is a cable replacement kit you can order, I kept one on hand just in case as it was pretty cheap.

You need to periodically inspect where the cables attach to the chain that is driven by the motor. Sometimes the nuts that hold them in place will start to loosen. When this happens, the metal pieces that normally pass each other without touching will start to collide causing things to break.

This YouTube video goes over the whole system and is a great guide:

Confused

I just replaced the motor/gear box on my bedroom slide. Very easy to do. The gear box had a bad gear in it. The cables were loose so I adjusted them also.

SLO

I just replaced the motor/gear box on my bedroom slide. Very easy to do. The gear box had a bad gear in it. The cables were loose so I adjusted them also.

I also had to replace my gear box a couple of years ago because of a broken gear cog. This was what was needed for a 2016 Bighorn 3685RL bedroom slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

I had to replace a gear box while in Colorado Springs, Co. and I could not find one. All of the RV dealers could not tell me when one would come in if I ordered it, anywhere from 7 to 10 days, if then, maybe longer. The next day was a travel day, so here was the rock and hard place type of situation. But I found one at a mobile RV tech had and he would not sell it, but would install it for me. So had to get him to do it since the next day was a travel day. So after being done it was $350 for the part and installation. It took him 45 minutes and he did adjust all the cables after he was finished.

SLO

I had to replace a gear box while in Colorado Springs, Co. and I could not find one. All of the RV dealers could not tell me when one would come in if I ordered it, anywhere from 7 to 10 days, if then, maybe longer. The next day was a travel day, so here was the rock and hard place type of situation. But I found one at a mobile RV tech had and he would not sell it, but would install it for me. So had to get him to do it since the next day was a travel day. So after being done it was $350 for the part and installation. It took him 45 minutes and he did adjust all the cables after he was finished.

I think you got a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk