Campgrounds for Big Rigs

jdamude

Hi All,

Pam and I are located in the Buffalo NY area on the Canadian side in Fort Erie. We are looking for campgrounds in the Western New York area and Northern PA that are capable of handling big rigs without issues.

We would appreciate hearing from folks that have camped in this area and the names of the campgrounds you have stayed in.

It it is very difficult looking on line at parks and trusting the information posted.

Thanks
Jeff & Pam😊

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Association Island in Henderson is right on Lake Ontario in Northern NY. very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Hi All,

It it is very difficult looking on line at parks and trusting the information posted.

Jeff & Pam

I normally use Google maps to look over any potential parks we plan on staying at. It usually gives me a good idea of the size of the sites and the trees and other obstacles that might be near the sites as well as a look at the access roads to the park.

priorguy

There's a New York State park website that you register for and make reservations through. Pretty good maps and descriptions of services and amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel.P

I normally use Google maps to look over any potential parks we plan on staying at. It usually gives me a good idea of the size of the sites and the trees and other obstacles that might be near the sites as well as a look at the access roads to the park.
I agree. It also shows the park surroundings. Parks can look great online and be in a slummy area.

Boy can I agree with the note about nasty parks. We checked out a state park on Memorial weekend, It looked good online but then when we got there ugh! Used diapers rolled up and on the ground, beer cans an bottles laying all over, A camp host on duty but certainly not paying any attention to his job It wouldn't have been so bad except that we had prepaid. No Ranger available. We saw how bad our site was and drove on quickly. Never called park to complain or get ask for money back. Park was in Northern UT. If their state parks are as bad as that one we won't be staying in them.

Last edited:

Willym

Letchworth State Park in NY (it has a great canyon) is worth a visit. Sites are nice and big, but the ones we used only had electric hook up IIRC. Just be careful choosing your access route as there is a low bridge in the area.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Boy can I agree with the note about nasty parks. We checked out a state park on Memorial weekend, It looked good online but then when we got there ugh! Used diapers rolled up and on the ground, beer cans an bottles laying all over, A camp host on duty but certainly not paying any attention to his job It wouldn't have been so bad except that we had prepaid. No Ranger available. We saw how bad our site was and drove on quickly. Never called park to complain or get ask for money back. Park was in Northern UT. If their state parks are as bad as that one we won't be staying in them.

I have never seen any State Park in Utah that looks like what you describing. Utah has many very beautiful State and National Parks.

It is usually the host's job to make sure the park is clean. I would have asked the host to clean the area, before being scared off by a diaper and some beer bottles that resulted in me forfeiting my payment.

It might me helpful if you go to http://rvparkreviews.com/ to do some research before you make your next reservation. Trace

Last edited:

chiefneon

Hi All,

Pam and I are located in the Buffalo NY area on the Canadian side in Fort Erie. We are looking for campgrounds in the Western New York area and Northern PA that are capable of handling big rigs without issues.

We would appreciate hearing from folks that have camped in this area and the names of the campgrounds you have stayed in.

Thanks
Jeff & Pam

Howdy!

Below is a link to a HHRV (Heavy Hauler RV campgrounds) folks with HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) came up with this. Hope it helps.

http://www.hhrvcampgrounds.com/

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon