Camping World in Canada?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I cant answer your question. But if you have Wal-Marts in Canada they have lots of RV stuff and are cheaper. Dont know what your looking for, but use the internet. I have always found CW to be at least 15-20% higher that anyone else for the same product. JMHO

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If your walmarts are the SUPER ones. You can get just about anything you need for camping and anything else at the same time.

Birchwood

I don't think we have anything like Camping World in Canada and most of our WalMarts arn't
the super ones.We are at the mercy of high priced RV companies for our RV supplies.
As far as ordering online shipping and brokerage fees easily triple the cost of anything
ordered from the US coming into Canada.I ordered a holding tank for my RV from
Heartland at a cost of $87.00 and it cost me $425 with shipping and brokerage fees.

twohappycampers

Holy Moly!! Wonder what it's going to cost me for those $13 grab bars I just asked Heartland to send me? Maybe it's not that important that they match the existing one by the door - I can probably buy them locally but in oak not cherry. I ordered from Heartland on Friday and they said they would work it all out (the cost of everything) and phone me for confirmation and my credit card number. They still haven't phoned. Maybe they're embarrassed?

We have a Super WalMart here, oh but I hate huge stores :mad:, and - it's right in busy downtown, difficult parking, etc. etc. Don't mind me, just venting.

I thought maybe there was a Canadian online store? Anyone know? Lorna

brianharrison

I thought maybe there was a Canadian online store? Anyone know? Lorna

No online store up here that I know of (I am in Alberta). There are a couple of wholesale distributers - Atlas Coach and Trailer Products, Danzy Distributers - that I am aware of however you need to order through an authorized distributer in your area. If you have a relative or good friend in the retail RV parts/service business, they can establish an account with the wholesale distributers and maybe pass on some of the savings to you.

I have ordered from the US online, and have the supplier ship USPS (US Postal service) vs Courier (UPS/FedEx). The Canadian Postal service usually checks for contraband, but allows most products through without duty/brokerage if the value is low-ish. Couriers have caught on to the money making scheme of charging brokerage and duty and collecting GST on all orders (money grab, IMHO). USPS and Canada Post are slow - but you usually pay less, landed at your door from the US orders.

My thoughts.

Brian

irvin56

Campers village, Canadian tire, outdoor fitters, but just camping supplies, nothing for rv's. Rv' dealers have all the other stuff. At their high prices. But in the larger areas, that have a bunch of dealers(competition) stuff is resonable. And they can order anything you want. possibly cheaper then shipping it in from camping World. noone has a monopoly on campin in Canada. I believe it is because we have such a short season up here and not worth the overhead for a few months. More skiers, snowmobiles, ice fishing up here.

brianharrison

Hi Irvin,

I have found RV Lifestyles up on Barlow and 27 Ave NE Calgary as the most reasonable for parts prices (they stock the Atlas RV parts cataloge, under their name of course) and it is available to customers to search (without prices of course).

Thought I'd share.

Brian

Last edited:

caissiel

I buy all my special parts on line from US and only use USPS and save a bunch compared to dealer. I have been soaked enough by the UPS and FEDEX so I just buy from sellers that ship USPS. Larger items I do buy when spending the winter south.

beardedone

Beardedone
I agree about using USPS. The courier companies have ripped me off in the past and it isn't going to happen again. I now specify that only USPS or no sale!