Campsite Lengths (newbie ?)

Micahluna

How does it work when selecting a site? I have a Torque t32 and a 2017 f-250.

Do I just need a site that is long enough for my trailer or does it need to equal the length of the truck and trailer?

olcoon

When we are making reservations, when asked how long our rig is, I'll give the length of the camper. I've never had a problem with where to park the truck. However our coach is a little smaller than your's. Our's is 30", but when looking at sites with longer rigs, they seem to be able to park their trucks. It just depends mainly on the campground.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We are always a couple of feet longer than we are when we call in to make reservations. Even then we end up getting put in places where we are parked out in the roadway some. We were at a spot in TN last month where I had to let the wife out before I parked because we had to park so close to our rig and we were still out in the road way some. They ended up moving us but I think we got lucky.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
However our coach is a little smaller than your's. Our's is 30" .

Roy, put your readers on... I hope you mean 30' (feet) not 30" (inches)! That little mark makes a BIG difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregP

When we call ahead for reservations, we always give our rig length of 36 feet, not including the truck. My guess is that we are not alone finding that some of the campgrounds will put us in sites that are barely long enough for the trailer. We also always inform them that we have slides as some sites are quite narrow. If we are travelling and only plan to stay one night in a campground, we will often ask for a pull-thru long enough to accommodate our total "hooked-up" length to make our morning departure easier. Sometimes you get what you want...sometimes not exactly. Only once did we get to a campground that assured us they could accommodate our length to find that we couldn't even turn off the highway into the drive due to overhanging tree branches. Height, for us, is a bigger concern than length.

BLR

We have a 4018 cyclone so the 1st time I made a Rezzie I said 40.. when in reality I should of said 45' so now if we ever stay at a RV park I tell them 45.. also most will ask how many slides and what sides they are on..We boondock most of the time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Resiemon

Just make sure the internal driveways are wide enough to swing the rig around.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 with a 2015 F250 Diesel

CDN

B and B
We are 40 ft and the 32 ft plus sites at Ontario Provincial parks might be long enough its the entry to the sites with trees that is the issue mores than not. We have a go to list now for each park we use for good sites. Site unseen a open grassy site is usually our first choice.