Can someone give me some advice in Adding a second shower to 2016 cyclone 4250

Jornat

Hi to all,
Can someone give me some advice in Adding a second shower to 2016 cyclone 4250.
we just sold our Sundance an got a 2016 cyclone 4250. Kids got bigger an they bringing girlfriends an more dogs. We need it more room. I would like to get some ideas how difficult would be to add a second shower to the back where the half bathroom is.

thank you all in advance

david-steph2018

Are you going to be adding another hot water heater to that shower? If not, you would be operating 2 showers off of one 6-gal hot water tank. Not sure how long that would last?
How to do it, build a new enclosure with a surround shower 1 piece unit, plumb a new drain to the rear grey tank, run new water lines. You would need to make sure it clears the Happi-Jac bed lift system.

Jornat

I would install a titan tankless water heater. I have always had it an it has worked out for me. I just don't know where to place the shower. Am sorry what is the Happi-Jac bed system?

david-steph2018

I would install a titan tankless water heater. I have always had it an it has worked out for me. I just don't know where to place the shower. Am sorry what is the Happi-Jac bed system?
The lift bed system in the garage. In our 427 Road Warrior the washer hookup is in the garage, if your washer hookup is in the garage, that could be an option.

Jornat

Sorry, I just goggle happi-jack bed system, am not use to toy hauler is my first one. Is there a reason why the 1/2 bathroom floor is about 2 inches higher then floor in the rear

Jornat

I was thinking about changing the whole configuration of the toilet as well, but thinking just to add the shower to the hook up of the washer an not over complicate myself.

Jornat

If I put the shower where the washer would go, wouldn't that cover like half of the door. It looks like am going to have to do a lot of drawing an measuring

david-steph2018

Sorry, I just goggle happi-jack bed system, am not use to toy hauler is my first one. Is there a reason why the 1/2 bathroom floor is about 2 inches higher then floor in the rear
Check the height of the toilet and compare it to the toilet in the main bathroom. Just a guess here, but I think the 1/2 bath was intended for kids use. Our 1/2 bath is extremely tight for an adult to use.

david-steph2018

I was thinking about changing the whole configuration of the toilet as well, but thinking just to add the shower to the hook up of the washer an not over complicate myself.
The drain would not work, a washer has a water pump, shower needs gravity to work.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The drain would not work, a washer has a water pump, shower needs gravity to work.
Your washer pumps the water up to the drain line stand, which is then gravity fed to the underbelly tank.
So the gravity drain of a shower might work depending on where your tank is located.
You will need to look below.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Your washer pumps the water up to the drain line stand, which is then gravity fed to the underbelly tank.
So the gravity drain of a shower might work depending on where your tank is located.
You will need to look below.

Peace
Dave
The washer drain will work, but not in the condition it is. It will need modify by taking the upper section off. Then tie the shower drain into the drain of the washer under the floor, into the grey tank.
You could probably use the water inlet connections from the washer hook-ups.

Jornat

Thank you guys. The previous owner had washer an a piece of the floor is soft so when i open it up to replace it i will be able the see. hopefully I would be able to do it.

centerline

personally, with all the kids, i would get a portable shower stall (or make one) for the outside shower..... let them shower outside, which is better in every respect, except when its really cold outside..... this would save a world of hassle, and if you have ac power available, AND have the ac option on the water tank, by running the water heater on gas AND 120v at the same time, even a 6gal hot water tank (your rv likely has a 10gal unit) can supply almost continuous hot water for military showers about as fast as people can take them... and if they dont already know, you should teach the kids how to take a military shower, to conserve water/resources (and time) for all those that come after them....