Can we blow over?

JanAndBill

And sometimes you just have to ride it out. Back a few years ago we were in a MH in Marietta, GA when when the weather alert came on TV. According to radar there was a tornado tracking straight at us. There were tall pine trees all around us and the buildings in the park were all metal that offered no protection, plus we had three dogs that we were not going to abandon. So we were huddled in a little hallway of the motor home were we could see the tv in the bedroom. Just when the radar showed the tornado less than a mile from us, we were pelted with hail, then the tv went off. It got real quiet for a second and then the tv comes to life with what else but the movie "The Wizard of Oz". My DW and I were convinced this had to be a sign that we were goners. Fortunately for us the tornado had veered slightly south missing us by less then a mile. Though it did quite a bit of damage to an apartment complex, no one was injured. This was part of a strong storm that moved through the Atlanta metro area that night, doing damage throughout the area including downtown.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would suggest everyone get the free app called 'Weather Bug' for your phone. You can see live weather radar, get forcasts, temps, and it will alarm with weather bulletins for your location. We use it all of the time.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I would suggest everyone get the free app called 'Weather Bug' for your phone. You can see live weather radar, get forcasts, temps, and it will alarm with weather bulletins for your location. We use it all of the time.

You can also set accuweather and TWC apps for notifications. On our phones we also have the Red Cross Tornado and Hurricane apps which alert you to other extreme weather events as well.
21st century technology at your fingertips but sometimes I miss the "good 'Ol days"!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
NOAA is another good one as most weather for profits use NOAA weather forecasts as a basis...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use an app called "Weather Radio", the paid version you can select 5 locations to monitor, and you will get weather alerts (that you select) for those places, as well as your current location. It also displays the forcast, and has a great radar that also shows the alerts.

We have been alerted to bad weather many times with this app, and even on Dec 26, as we traveled towards the DFW area, we tracked and watched the tornadic storms developing -- changing our route as well -- based on what we were alerted to via the app.