Cannot Find a Signal from outside Coax Connection

We just took delivery of a 2020 Heartland, Landmark 365. I have tried to plug in a Coax (in the front compartment, primary hook up on the right wall) and I cannot get ANY of the four COAX PLUGS inside the TV compartment and above in the two door cabinet to give me a signal (using CABLE for WIFI setup with Spectrum).

My neighbor and I fed a direct lead from the POLE outside and it of course works. BUT, the signal routing with the internal COAX cables is not working. Has anyone solved this problem. Thanks, in advance. DJ

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There could be some splitters in play there.
To save a bunch of time and frustration I would, and have, just run a new coax from the back of one of the four coax connectors you described to the area you intend to have your Spectrum router or modern.

Peace
Dave

TrailCreek

Definitely a splitter problem. I put a coax port on the slideout to run directly for our Dish or cable, whatever we had at the site.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Cookie, Beth and Thom! I think that you are all great to reply so quickly and I have instantly learned that this forum is great. I called Heartland and Spoke with Diane in TECH support and she is really a good contact (very smart about the Landmark 5th Wheels)...she confirmed that it will likely be a disconnected splitter and possible connected to the Coax Outlet (male) connection by our Bedroom TV. That Box also has a button (push in and it holds and pops back out to turn it off) and IT may well be the place where the signal interruption is occurring.

I will pull out a screw driver today and see if it is there. I am logically thinking that the Signal from the primary Coax Connection in the wet compartment (lines go in) is routed to the Bedroom FIRST and then it is split from there to the Front TV in the Living Room. I will know pretty quickly, I think, if that is it.

Otherwise, I will install a surface mount Coax Connection and drill a hole into that left rear slide-out and go directly from the RV park POLE to the side of the coach for connecting my TV's from there. We shall see.

Thanks again!

DJ

mlpeloquin

It may also be a coax connector that has the shield touching the center signal wire. It only takes one thin little wire to short the signal. You should have gotten a coax wiring diagram with your documentation. If not, ask Heartland to send you a PDF of it. That is one drawing that they provided with my new fifth wheel when we purchased it. A loose coax connector can also cause problems.

Roller4tan

When you get into the amplifier area be aware that its fairly easy to short the power wire to ground and blow the 12v fuse.

I am still working on this issue. I finally found a Coax Connection on the OTHER side (entry side) inside the big storage Compartment. I balled up a "JUMPER" piece of foil (into a small ball, as I do not have a jumper with alligator clips - in the other RV, of COURSE)....and I am simply sticking that Aluminum foil ball between the CENTER wire of a coax cable to the OUTSIDE of the connector - - which jumps the Signal..... which then allows me to test if there is Continuity at the OUTPUT SIDE of our Cable connector (Inside the Back of the swing out TV in our 2020 Landmark 365).

So, I put the ball into the Cable outside and then tested the WIRE and OUTSIDE OF THE SCREW ON assembly INSIDE: here is a Video I just found by a guy who had the same idea (cool):

So, in doing this, I found zero resistance at the TV Cable output - - but it is INTERMITTENT (bad Tester??) but I think it may well be splitter interference because the signal output from my Multimeter can travel out from the splitter to more than one connector socket inside. I am going to go buy a Jumper this week and start over. Thanks for your input.

We just took delivery of a 2020 Heartland, Landmark 365. I have tried to plug in a Coax (in the front compartment, primary hook up on the right wall) and I cannot get ANY of the four COAX PLUGS inside the TV compartment and above in the two door cabinet to give me a signal (using CABLE for WIFI setup with Spectrum).

My neighbor and I fed a direct lead from the POLE outside and it of cou20230704_101858.jpgrse works. BUT, the signal routing with the internal COAX cables is not working. Has anyone solved this problem. Thanks, in advance. DJ
Look for this button with your inside coax connector. The green light means it's on.

20230704_101904.jpg

wdk450

Look for this button with your inside coax connector. The green light means it's on.

View attachment 68487
Be aware that this wallplate is actually the front of an antenna signal booster electronics board. This board typically has inputs from the rooftop antenna and from the "Cable TV" coax inputs, and a common output to the TV's. The booster, when ON (green LED lit) has a frequency pass bandwidth just enough for VHF and UHF (Digital) OTA broadcast TV signals. The amplifier will not pass the much higher Cable TV and Satellite TV RF signals satisfactorily. Turning OFF the amplifier power (Green LED OFF) switches a relay on the circuit board inputs to bypass the signals directly to the board output connector, eliminating the limited frequency pass circuit board from the signals path.
In other words: Amplifier plate LED ON for OTA (Over The Air) TV signals, OFF for all other TV signals.
See the antenna and coax layout manuals/files at the "Tools", "Manuals" tab/submenus at the top of any forum page.

I had the same problem. The previous owner said it never worked and ran a new cable. I dropped the panel under the rv and traced the original cable and found a splitter that had never had the cable attached to it (they must have been in a rush at the factory), once attached everything worked fine.

I have a 2020 heartland big country after chasing cables and getting nowhere, I bought a cable tracer from Lowe's. It helped I did find two cables that went to the roof satellite that did not go out to the roof I located the antenna cables and main satellite feed still a work in progress. You can contact the manufacture and ask them to send a schematic I got it but it's still confusing beside these are the same people that put one of the hydraulic hoses between the frame and floor