Canopy/Awning lights -- How to control the LED lights

dan00500

My 2018 Mallard IDM33 has LED lights on the roller that unfurls the canopy/awning. The first time I wanted to use the lights, I couldn't get the remote to work. Or, maybe I am mistaken..and the remote that i have is not for my awning lights. I tried looking for information in the awning's user manual, but there's no mention of the lights in there. The remote that I'm trying to use has no label on it to identify it as related to the awning. I'm basically stabbing in the dark to troubleshoot this.

Note: I've already tried a brand new battery in the remote...which again, I can't even confirm that remote is the correct one.

The lights currently turn on when I flip the switch from within the rig. But, they flash between red, blue, and green like a high school dance party -- annoying. It effectively makes is unusable.

Any idea where I can get information about the remote that I should have in my hands to control the lights?

Thanks
**Dan

P.S. Is this the correct forum to post this subject? i couldn't find one that mentions awnings.

avvidclif

Try turning them on and then use the remote. Without power to them the remote won't work. Use it to turn them off.

dan00500

Update: Problem is solved. It was a piece of electrical tape that mysteriously got wrapped around the sensor head. It's also a bit finicky. The senor head will not perform, if you are not aware of its location and pointing the remote directly at it.

Update: Problem is solved. It was a piece of electrical tape that mysteriously got wrapped around the sensor head. It's also a bit finicky. The senor head will not perform, if you are not aware of its location and pointing the remote directly at it.
Well where is the sensor head? That would be really great to know!

Just in case anyone else has the same issue. I found the sensor and pulled it out of the canopy roll about a quarter inch and mine works perfect now. Here’s a picture of the location.
d96de3676f053df63aaf8da2a8544ce0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk