Can’t find grey water tank

Chadsmom

We have a Bighorn 5th wheel. Washing dishes last night sinks started to back up. We did a snake from the sink. We did a water hose pressure from the sink and pipes. The water just came back at us. We checked the p trap.
No water drains out of the galley grey tank when we open the valve for it.
we are thinking we will need to cut a hole in the pipe for the grey tank. We took the belly off we don’t see the grey tank!

david-steph2018

We have a Bighorn 5th wheel. Washing dishes last night sinks started to back up. We did a snake from the sink. We did a water hose pressure from the sink and pipes. The water just came back at us. We checked the p trap.
No water drains out of the galley grey tank when we open the valve for it.
we are thinking we will need to cut a hole in the pipe for the grey tank. We took the belly off we don’t see the grey tank!
Before you cut the drain pipe, check and make sure you are pulling the correct valve. It is not uncommon for the valves to be mislabeled. Also another issue has been the cutout for the drain opening, when cut, falling into the tank causing a blockage.
If you have the cable pull valves the cable may have come loose or the valve handle come off. Another thing, on our rig the shower, bathroom sink and the kitchen sink drain into 1 grey tank, you may have a similar set up. I took the basement wall down and could see the shower drain, then looking I found the other 2 drains into the tank.

Chadsmom

Thank you. Ours it set up for bathroom shower, sink and washer on one and the other one is the sink. We have blockage it’s open and nothing comes out. We did find out tank and see that one part is lower. Probably the reason we have had smell issues with it too. Doesn’t clean out all the way.

wdk450

I don't know where you are, or how much money you are willing to spend, but there is a nationwide franchised company for RV tank cleaning, that i believe has video inspection equipment to help solve non-draining tanks. https://kleentank.com/#

david-steph2018

Thank you. Ours it set up for bathroom shower, sink and washer on one and the other one is the sink. We have blockage it’s open and nothing comes out. We did find out tank and see that one part is lower. Probably the reason we have had smell issues with it too. Doesn’t clean out all the way.
You could try something like this:
It will allow you to back flush the tanks. You may be able to knock the blockage out enough to drain. Also after you get this cleared up you can use it to back flush and clean the tanks. That could help with the smell issue as well.