Carrying Capacity

I just looked at the Landmark pages on the Heartlandrv.com website. I just noticed that the listed dry weight + carrying capacity exceed the GVWR of each unit. Is this a mistake or am I missing something? :confused:

CDN

B and B
I just looked at the Landmark pages on the Heartlandrv.com website. I just noticed that the listed dry weight + carrying capacity exceed the GVWR of each unit. Is this a mistake or am I missing something? :confused:

Hello,

I have been going over numbers as well. What I have figured out which is close. The placard in the closest or cupboard lists one CCC number, this is deign number before options. Adding Dual pane windows, generator , third AC etc all get deducted from this number. The Numbers on the Federal Labels on the side of the trailer are what you go by for actual cargo capacity available as weighed when leaving the factory either adding fresh water into the calculation or not leaving what ever is left for other cargo. Any owner or dealer installed options must be deducted from the posted weight and included in your calculation.

That is my understanding of the calculation I use.

Brian

avvidclif

Hello,

I have been going over numbers as well. What I have figured out which is close. The placard in the closest or cupboard lists one CCC number, this is deign number before options. Adding Dual pane windows, generator , third AC etc all get deducted from this number. The Numbers on the Federal Labels on the side of the trailer are what you go by for actual cargo capacity available as weighed when leaving the factory either adding fresh water into the calculation or not leaving what ever is left for other cargo. Any owner or dealer installed options must be deducted from the posted weight and included in your calculation.

That is my understanding of the calculation I use.

Brian

Right but backwards. The sticker on the outside lists carrying capacity and GVWR. The handwritten sticker in the pantry is the actual weight of that unit leaving the factory. Add to that a battery,propane and any dealer added options. Subtract that number from the GVWR and you have a realistic number for cargo capacity. Don't forget water, ~8lbs/gal.

SNOKING

Right but backwards. The sticker on the outside lists carrying capacity and GVWR. The handwritten sticker in the pantry is the actual weight of that unit leaving the factory. Add to that a battery,propane and any dealer added options. Subtract that number from the GVWR and you have a realistic number for cargo capacity. Don't forget water, ~8lbs/gal.

I thought the yellow sticker in the entry door door-jam was supposed to be accurate as to weight leaving the factory? I believe the all have this sticker now. Chris

CDN

B and B
I thought the yellow sticker in the entry door door-jam was supposed to be accurate as to weight leaving the factory? I believe the all have this sticker now. Chris

Correct Snoking, and the federal label on the side should match.

My sample has the following weights for Cargo

Typed Placard 5112 lbs
Yellow Sticker 3646 lbs this would weight after Factory installed options in the case of the trailer I looked at was Gen Prep, Slide Toppers, Third AC, Yetie, Dual Pane windows
Cold Water 664 lbs
Hot Water 100 lbs

So what I have left with full water tanks 2882 lbs of cargo with water on board

Like the talks of CCC on Tow Vehicles RV;s use it up quickly adding options.

Brian

jbeletti

I've reported this to Andy. He'll check into this next week and correct what needs correcting. Thanks all for flagging this up.

SNOKING

Correct Snoking, and the federal label on the side should match.

My sample has the following weights for Cargo

Typed Placard 5112 lbs
Yellow Sticker 3646 lbs this would weight after Factory installed options in the case of the trailer I looked at was Gen Prep, Slide Toppers, Third AC, Yetie, Dual Pane windows
Cold Water 664 lbs
Hot Water 100 lbs

So what I have left with full water tanks 2882 lbs of cargo with water on board

Like the talks of CCC on Tow Vehicles RV;s use it up quickly adding options.

Brian

Our 3575el is up North and we are down South. So I can not look at the yellow sticker, I thought I had a picture of it, however can not find it. I do know that when we lived full time in the Bighorn for a year and a half we used up most the the 3K +/- CC. I not sure how some do that with the larger Bighorns and Landmarks that have a lot less CC. Chris

CDN

B and B
Hi Jim,

I have attached photos of the load ratings for this trailer.

IMG_4770.JPGfullsizeoutput_c31.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • fullsizeoutput_c2f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_c2f.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 23
Landmark models from the current web site:
ModelDry WeightGVWRCC
Lafayette15955180002045
Newport15635180002365
Oshosh14725180003275
Phoenix15745180002255
Concord15614180002386
Rainier13930180004070

The website is still not correct. See attached image.

Attachments

• 67ABD5A9-552F-43C2-9155-684CCE317DCE.jpg
    67ABD5A9-552F-43C2-9155-684CCE317DCE.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 43

SNOKING

The website is still not correct. See attached image.

The numbers in my spread sheet are the GVWR minus the listed dry weight. If you subtract 4203 CC from 18K you get 13797 pounds as the dry weight. Which is correct? Or are all the numbers except the 18K GVWR screwed up?

The numbers in my spread sheet are the GVWR minus the listed dry weight. If you subtract 4203 CC from 18K you get 13797 pounds as the dry weight. Which is correct? Or are all the numbers except the 18K GVWR screwed up?

Your numbers are correct. You did the math properly. I think their carrying capacity number is screwed up. The dry weight on my rig is definitely not in the 13k-14k range. It is 15,025. I don’t think you want people to believe that they can carry more than 4,000 lbs on their Newport when their GVWR is only 18k.