Ceramic Coating

Dan54

Planning for my annual cleanup & winterization our 2011 Landmark. It has the exterior fiberglass panels with the painted graphics. I’m planning on using a ceramic coating this year as opposed to the RV wax I’ve used until now. I used it on my truck this summer & like how easy it is to apply/remove & especially how it doesn’t turn white & become difficult to remove from plastic trim. Is ceramic safe to use on RV’s & boats?. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTPockets

Ceramic is a marketing term. However, the products are great. The magic ingredient is a polymer, not wax, that when applied properly, provides great results. The trick is to apply it with no sun for 12 hours. I used one called Rejex on my 2012 Bighorn. It was, and is absolutely the best thing I've ever used. My Bighorn shine was better than new when I sold it in 2017. I use it on my vehicles still.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Planning for my annual cleanup & winterization our 2011 Landmark. It has the exterior fiberglass panels with the painted graphics. I’m planning on using a ceramic coating this year as opposed to the RV wax I’ve used until now. I used it on my truck this summer & like how easy it is to apply/remove & especially how it doesn’t turn white & become difficult to remove from plastic trim. Is ceramic safe to use on RV’s & boats?. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little trick I found tor getting dried, white wax off plastic panels is to rub it with a Pink Pearl pencil eraser. Works like a charm, even on the stipled sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILH

I bought my 2020 Newport new from the dealer with the paint protection package (aka ceramic). It came with a 5 year warranty - looks great, sheds water really well and washes easily. Worth the price.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
a couple of years ago I experimented with a product called Exforma, a "ceramic" product that has worked well. I get my trailer washed and waxed when we go to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas for the great work and cheap prices there. My guy that works for me was skeptical at first, but now believes in the product. I have had two applications made each winter season while spending the winter and now the trailer still beads water after a rainstorm. I intend to repeat the two applications this season when I arrive.

The instructions say to remove all previous wax applications, which I did using Dawn dish soap and a product called Awesome, found at the Dollar stores. Awesome is a great cleaner for dried-on bugs, black streaks and other pesky issues on paint and well known to remove wax. After having Exforma applied, I waited about a month before applying a second coat. Next season I repeated the application without the use of Dawn and awesome, and the trailer sparkles now.