Changing tail light

cjhicks

On our 2009 Bighorn you just use a screwdriver to sore of pry them out by by inserting the blade of the screwdriver beween the rubber gasket and the rear cap then you can get to the bulb to change it.

jnbhobe

Calvin has it right, The rubber gromet holds it all together. But you change the whole assembly it just plugs in, or you can change to LED's at that time. Soapy water or WD-40 helps it all slide together.

hoefler

If they are LED's, you change the assembly. If they are grommet mounted, push in on one side until it turns side ways or falls in. Then you can remove the grommet and remove the light assembly.

traveler44

I believe it was easiest to slip the wires through the rubber ring before plugging them into the back of the light. Then you reinstall the rubber ring and light. Tom

TedS

Like was said, work the grommet out of the hole with prying and patience. Lift the facing lip of the grommet to get between the hole edge and the grommet and work the grommet and lamp out. In my 2011 BH, the lamp is a unit with no replaceable bulb. The unit gets replaced. Before replacing the lamp, check the lamp connector first, make sure it is well seated, then check light operation.
I replaced my four with led lamps. Just something I wanted to do.

TedS

goldenbetty, I got the ST-R61:Red 61-LED from Super Brite LEDs, Inc. Plugged into the existing connector and fit the existing grommet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Betty, all LED lites are the same size. I just depends on what you like. I went with the 10 LED lites and they are very bright. I bought mine through Harbour freight almost 3 years ago with no problems yet. The only thing I have noticed with the high count LED lites are that some of the LEDS seem to burn out quickly leaving blank spots in the lite. JMHO

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
The only thing I have noticed with the high count LED lites are that some of the LEDS seem to burn out quickly leaving blank spots in the lite.

DANG, I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT FOR THE LEDS WAS THAT THEY LASTED FOR A LONG TIME?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Kenny, all the trash trucks around here have them and I not seen one yet that all the LEDS were working. Same goes for Big Rigs.