Chattanooga bound

jbeletti

Well, I have to admit, Rex's post about Arnie being read to RV inspired me to make my own thread.

Spent some time this morning changing out the rubber spring in my Mor/ryde pinbox from a 5 to a 6. Reorganized the basement storage tray, removing all the rally-specific stuff. It made lots of room!

Vacuumed the RV, even under all the furniture. Used Swiffer wet pads to clean all the lino. Nancy changed the sheets, brought in fresh clothes and stocked the refer.

All we need to do in the morning is "hitch and go"!

We're heading to Chattanooga, TN tomorrow for 3 nights. Nancy's daughter Lisa and her boyfriend are meeting us there. Planning on seeing the TN Aquarium for sure. Not sure what else.

Emme was out in the RV for cleanfest. She didn't really help but I think she was smiling. She's to hit the road!

jbeletti

Thanks Gus!

Thanks Jon! By the way, great job on that patio awning install. Looking forward to relaxing under it at the WI and MN rallies!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't forget to check out Lookout Mountain. There is a free museum there ... very interesting Civil War stuff.

jbeletti

Don't forget to check out Lookout Mountain. There is a free museum there ... very interesting Civil War stuff.

Thanks Jim. Doesn't look like anything's free up there anymore, but at least the drive will be :) We'll probably check it out.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We're in Huntsville, AL for the weekend...only 100 miles separating us!! See you in 34 days!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
You and Nancy will have a good time in and around Chattanooga. Downtown is fun with some pretty good eating places (& we all know how you love good food) and touristy stuff near the Aquarium. Now for the Civil War folks, Lookout Mountain and Chickamauga National Military Battlefield is a must. I have a great uncle buried near the old visitor center at Chickamauga with a statue erected where he died. Where are you staying? If you are at the Holiday Trav-L Park, the campground is on a battlefield site with a marker on the back left side of the cg. Again - enjoy.

donr827

Chattanooga is one of our favorite stops. We usually stay at Holiday Travl Park. Chickamauga Battlefield Park is a must see. If you are in to model railroading then the Chattanooga Choo Choo is another must see.
Don

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The aquarium alone is worth the trip to Chattanooga. So much to see there. We planned our stopped for an hour and ended leaving about 5 hours later. The Civil war overlook is very nice too.

jbeletti

Great input folks. Thanks!

We are staying at the Holiday Trav-L-Park. Tomorrow, we're going to the aquarium. Also planning to go to the ChooChoo area. Having dinner in that area tonight at Urban Stack mood burgers we hear.

Also plan to see Civil War stuff we have strong interests in Civil War Stuff.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Jim, Randy is the manager at Holiday Travel Park and is a wealth of info on the area. If you have time go to the TVRM (Tennessee Valley Railroad Muesem) and take a ride on the train. Check out Camp Jordan just across the highway for a Rally. CW is just a block away from it. They are having a Good Sam Member appreciation this weekend there. Great Deals, and yes food. For the first 100 there they will get a present. Take care and wave at us in Spring City as you pass.