Check water heater

mlj79109

I’ve got a 2018 Coleman Light 2855BH. It has a Dometic GC6AA-10E water heater. The heater works just fine, but I keep getting a “check water heater” notification on my iN-Command control box. Any thoughts on what I need to do?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This is a Heartland owners forum so I don't know how much will be known about your Coleman product.
But, maybe.

Peace
Dave

mlj79109

This is a Heartland owners forum so I don't know how much will be known about your Coleman product.
But, maybe.

Peace
Dave[/QUOTE

So I’m gonna show my ignorance here, but when I bought my Coleman new at the dealership the information they gave me said to join this forum. I just figured it was one of those “Coleman is made by this brand which is really this brand which is really Heartland.” Is that not correct?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That is not correct.
Coleman is a subsidiary of Newell Brands. Heartland is a subsidiary of Thor Industries.
But you are always welcome here it's just that you might not get any Coleman specific advice.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I’ve got a 2018 Coleman Light 2855BH. It has a Dometic GC6AA-10E water heater. The heater works just fine, but I keep getting a “check water heater” notification on my iN-Command control box. Any thoughts on what I need to do?

I don't think Heartland uses In-Command components, so collectively, our owner experience with In-Command might be pretty limited. If the water heater is working correctly on both 120V, and on propane/12V DC, there might just be some type of communications error between the water heater and the In-Command unit.

But it's also possible, if you're only using one of the two water heater operating modes, that the In-Command unit is signaling a problem with the mode not being used.

You might want to look for In-Command user guides and/or service manuals.