Chose the 2018 CY 4005 over the Voltage 3970.

BILLnSAL

We have owned our 2018 Cyclone 4005 for 4 weeks now and camped in it 2 of the 4 weekends so far. We came out of a 2007 Keystone Everest 345S that we purchased new in Jan '07. We would still be in it if it weren't for the defined living and kitchen space that the toy haulers offer now. There was no such floor plan available in '07 so I added a gen and engineered a built on carrier to the Everest for my golf cart added a third axle and used it as a toy hauler. When the Voltage 3970 was released in 2014 with the defined living and kitchen space we started to find a buyer for our Everest since no dealer would appreciate my mods for a trade. We finally sold the Everest in late 2016 then we amped up our search for a Voltage. When searching we also came across the Raptor 425TS with the defined space but it did not offer as much counter top space and kitchen storage plus we did not care for a sliding glass door leading to the garage. We then found a 2018 Voltage 3970 we liked but the dealer was not interested in moving it at a discount over MSRP. Continuing the web search I happen to click on the 2018 Cyclone 4005 and was super impressed with the size of the living room, kitchen cabinets and counter top space. We live in South Carolina and were on a trip to Florida and found a dealer that had one so we were able to view it in person. Once inside, we found the sacrifice was that the master bedroom and bath were shortened to allow for the extra living and kitchen space. In the end we decided we would appreciate the larger living and kitchen area more. We were also gaining a half bath nd outdoor kitchen area which the Voltage did not offer. The dealer was eager to move the unit so we pulled the trigger and made the purchase. For those that have never seen a triple axle Everest here is probably the worlds only... It worked great but the golf cart was still in the weather when traveling. Glad to have it inside now and loving our new 4005.

Attachments

• Keystone 345s 011.JPG
    Keystone 345s 011.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Keystone 345s 009.JPG
    Keystone 345s 009.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg