Christmas Decorations

Domi

Greetings all,

What do y'all do for decorations when fulltiming? We are trying to decide what to keep or let go as our time slowly comes to fulltime. Do you have a tree, real or artificial? Do you only put lights up around the interior of the rig? Enjoy someone else's decorations? We love Christmas lights and this is a big deal to us though I'm sure it's silly to some of you.

Be kind in your responses. :)

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

VKTalley

Greetings all,

What do y'all do for decorations when fulltiming? We are trying to decide what to keep or let go as our time slowly comes to fulltime. Do you have a tree, real or artificial? Do you only put lights up around the interior of the rig? Enjoy someone else's decorations? We love Christmas lights and this is a big deal to us though I'm sure it's silly to some of you.

Be kind in your responses. :)

Hi Domi! I have a small 3’ artificial tree that I put up in our rig along with several small Christmas items that sit around or hang on the wall. I also have two Christmas throws that I put on our recliners. This year will be interesting for us as we will be at our home base in Florida starting next week through sometime in March. I can decorate more without worrying about putting it all away quickly.

Domi

Hi Domi! I have a small 3’ artificial tree that I put up in our rig along with several small Christmas items that sit around or hang on the wall. I also have two Christmas throws that I put on our recliners. This year will be interesting for us as we will be at our home base in Florida starting next week through sometime in March. I can decorate more without worrying about putting it all away quickly.
Do you store your decorations at another location or carry them with you in the rig?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We used to put up a tree (small one) inside. No longer do that but we do have an inflatable doxie and some Edison bulbs we put outside along with one of those laser lights that puts red and green dots on the rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VKTalley

Do you store your decorations at another location or carry them with you in the rig?

Before this year, we stored them in our storage unit in Alabama, near where we use to live. Now we store them in our storage shed on our RV lot we bought this past February. Once we get back to our lot and I get my decorating done, I’ll post some pictures. We are in north Florida with our AF son for Thanksgiving.

wdk450

A couple of years back I found an inflatable lighted manger scene that I set-up on TOP of the Bighorn. I got it at Home Depot, and it cost in the $90 area.

021.jpg BTW, it all folds down into a box less than 1-1/2 foot cubed that stores easily in my closet.

I will set it up this week.

On edit: While setting it up on the roof today (Facing sideways over the door), I noticed that the box said that it came from Walmart.com ($77) . It set up in about 5 minutes, I secured it to the roof with white Gorilla tape.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
460a0988ee0ec0a5ee3bcf2f20134672.jpg

Here's our little tree. We also have a small wreath for the door. We have a storage unit for things we don't want to travel with, and the two small plastic boxes these take up stay there except during the Christmas season.

I would like to decorate more, but we're usually traveling for the holidays and not set up long enough at one place to justify it.

Domi

Here's our little tree. We also have a small wreath for the door. We have a storage unit for things we don't want to travel with, and the two small plastic boxes these take up stay there except during the Christmas season.

I would like to decorate more, but we're usually traveling for the holidays and not set up long enough at one place to justify it.

Thanks, we put lights on ours & it looks festive. Of course we aren't fulltiming yet either so we store them at home.

Bones

I really like your key hook. :)

Domi

I like the little travel trailer under the tree. Maybe that is what grew up to be their full sized travel home.

Domi

Here is what we did this year. It is easy enough to take and set up if we get to travel during the season. We set it up over Thanksgiving weekend and hope to also travel for Christmas.

Domi

Attachments

• 2017TrailerLights_4.jpg
    2017TrailerLights_4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 2017TrailerLights_3.jpg
    2017TrailerLights_3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2017TrailerLights_2.jpg
    2017TrailerLights_2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2017TrailerLights_1.jpg