Cinco de Mayo in Ohio

explorer2316

Explorer2316
There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin Ohio. Our arrival and departure dates vary but all seem to span May 5th.

This seems to be evolving as a loosely organized gathering with no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th. The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. Thats a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country and the park has no frills or public bathrooms. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. There are three areas in the park on the hill, in the valley and in the gravel. We are, and at least one other camper, are staying on the hill. This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening, close to a flea market, local shops, and wineries and tastings. The campground does not take credit cards, they are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a check to confirm your reservation. Here is a link to the website so you can check out all the details of the park the tons of stuff to do in the area.

https://www.scenichillsrvpark.com

I have been coming here for many years and while its a good 5 hour drive we love it here and try to camp here 2 or 3 times a year.

It would be nice to get a few more of us together and make “Cinco de Mayo in Ohio” a fun day this year!

FYI - we arrive 4/29/21 and depart 5/8/21.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
My wife an I just returned from that area. The intersection there at 39 and 77 is complete now with traffic lights.
We will be back in the area in June.
Hope you have a good turnout and lots of fun.
Mark

explorer2316

Explorer2316
My wife an I just returned from that area. The intersection there at 39 and 77 is complete now with traffic lights.
We will be back in the area in June.
Hope you have a good turnout and lots of fun.
Mark

Thanks for the good wishes. Yes that intersection was completed last fall. It made it so much easier to to leave with a big rig.
Happy Camping!

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Thought I give this post a bump since we are around two weeks out.

There are a couple of folks that have let me know they have made arrangements to meet up at this gathering. (Not that letting me know is necessary at all.)

I hope you all take another look at this opportunity to gather and have some fun together!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We are going to try and make it. Will let you know. If it works out we will be coming from Evergreen on the 5th
Thanks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
While we cannot make it to the get together we do have reservations for the week before July 4th if anybody will be in the area.

Mike-n-Justina

Mike and I are thinking about joining the fun. It depends on how work goes.🤞We would love to see our Heartland friends.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The Atkinson's will arrive on the 5th. there goes the neighborhood
Looking forward to seeing any and all that make it
Mike and Justina you need to bring that transplant West Virginian with Y'all

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Mike and I are thinking about joining the fun. It depends on how work goes.🤞We would love to see our Heartland friends.
That would be great if things work out for you to make it.
It would be fun seeing you guys again.
{fingers crossed}

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick up date to Cinco de Mayo stuff.

I think I have plenty of Tequila, lots of margarita mix (original and strawberry), and margarita glasses.
I plan on doing some evening appetizers, Chicken Cascadia's, on the Blackstone too.
I picked up a giant Jenga game as an alternate to corn hole.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Hey Mike & Justina !!!

FYI, when I called to make my reservation last week or so, when I asked for the site number, they told me that we would be on site # 43, right next to you guys on #41 !!!??? So, maybe you're already signed up, and just forgot ??? .. Jus' Sayin'!!!

Hi-Viz !!!

Mike-n-Justina

Hey Mike & Justina !!!

FYI, when I called to make my reservation last week or so, when I asked for the site number, they told me that we would be on site # 43, right next to you guys on #41 !!!??? So, maybe you're already signed up, and just forgot ??? .. Jus' Sayin'!!!

Hi-Viz !!!

We made our reservation today. We will be coming in on Friday.We hate to miss the big shindig on Wednesday, but we still gotta work.😥 I think we are on site 41??? See you all then.

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Blake & Sue, We just got home in Ohio yesterday afternoon. Up until this morning we weren't sure we could make the "Cinco de Mayo in Ohio" Hope it's ok with all we come. We were able to make reservations for Monday - Friday. If the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise we'll see ya Monday afternoon. We have a lot of stuff to get ready between now and then. I did get the 2 acres of grass cut today.

There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin Ohio. Our arrival and departure dates vary but all seem to span May 5th.

This seems to be evolving as a loosely organized gathering with no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th. The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. Thats a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country and the park has no frills or public bathrooms. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. There are three areas in the park on the hill, in the valley and in the gravel. We are, and at least one other camper, are staying on the hill. This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening, close to a flea market, local shops, and wineries and tastings. The campground does not take credit cards, they are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a check to confirm your reservation. Here is a link to the website so you can check out all the details of the park the tons of stuff to do in the area.

https://www.scenichillsrvpark.com

I have been coming here for many years and while its a good 5 hour drive we love it here and try to camp here 2 or 3 times a year.

It would be nice to get a few more of us together and make “Cinco de Mayo in Ohio” a fun day this year!

FYI - we arrive 4/29/21 and depart 5/8/21.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
That would be great if things work out for you to make it.
It would be fun seeing you guys again.
{fingers crossed}

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick up date to Cinco de Mayo stuff.

I think I have plenty of Tequila, lots of margarita mix (original and strawberry), and margarita glasses.
I plan on doing some evening appetizers, Chicken Cascadia's, on the Blackstone too.
I picked up a giant Jenga game as an alternate to corn hole.

Just for my “fiends” .... quesadilla

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
The weather was a little damp and chilly but we had a great time visiting with everyone. It was fun seeing ya'll. Thanks to Blake and Sue for everything. Good food and friendship. Let's plan one for next year with out the rain?