City Water not running through Faucets

ckwall78

Hello all,
I have a 2018 Elkridge 42FL. We hooked the city water up, went inside to make sure pressure was good and had NO water. I could hear water gurgling when the faucet was on and would get a spurt then nothing. However, the water in the toilet was running without any pressure on the pedal. We have looked all over and have seen no leaking water. I haven't been able to pull any panels to look behind the scenes yet. Any help on this would be GREAT!

Thanks,
Chris

chaplady

Do you have water pressure at end of hose connecting to camper? If so next step ( ive done this before ) is hose connected to water inlet and not black tank spray cleaner? Check inlet screen and water diverting valve( anderson valve) to make sure its correctly set for city water.
If no pressure at hose end are you using water pressure regulator is flow direction correct? Same for water filters check inlet screens there.
Can you put water in tank and run water pump get pressure?

jerryjay11

Black tank spray cleaner...😭. Been there-done that. If so, don't try checking by opening the toilet flush valve. It is sure to make a stinky geyser.

Roller4tan

If you did indeed hook up to the black tank flush instead of the fresh water input... by all means dump that the black water tank.

garyroee

A common cause of low water pressure when hooked up to city water may be the water source of the city to which you're connected. Consider using an external pressure regulator. This device can help protect your RV's plumbing system from high water pressure, which can lead to leaks and damage.

Last edited: