Cleaning inside glass of Greystone F2609E electric fireplace?

Teedee

I want to clean the inside glass of the fireplace. In a 2013 Heartland Sundance, 11 years had left a film on the inside glass I'd really like to clean. The manual only refers to cleaning the outside glass. Has anyone cleaned the inside glass without disassembling the trailer? Is there a secret?

Attachments

• 20240926_101237.jpg
    20240926_101237.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

jmarnell

We don't have the same model fireplace as you, but on our Greystone I did have to remove the fireplace mounting screws and pull out the unit a few inches. There is a frame on the outside I pulled up and off to get to the mounting screws. Then I slid the entire fireplace out a few inches. There are screws you access on the inside that hold the frame for the glass in place.

Teedee

Sounds like a job for the hubs. We're set up seasonally and our season is ending in three weeks I might butter him up over the winter to tackle that! He thinks it's fine but it's driving me crazy! 😀

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Not sure of our model but I remove the unit annually to blow the dust & dander from the fan area.
I cleaned the inside of the glass once. It entails removing the fireplace and disassembling the front of the unit to remove the glass. It helps to have a helper to reassemble

Lyle