Closing one AC vent?

jconant13

Is it possible to partially cover one of the ceiling ac vents in my pioneer bh270? One of the vents is directly above my sons bunk and it gets cold up there. Looking for help with this if anyone has any advise

jbeletti

Partially closing one AC vent will be fine. I doubt even fully closing it would negatively affect system operation. Go for it and make your son comfortable.

jconant13

Ok thank you guys I will give it a try. I just wasn’t sure if it would mess anything up with the restriction since there’s only 4 vents.
thanks again

danemayer

While I'm not an expert on A/C, I've installed adjustable vents on ours. Our living room unit has ducts running into the bedroom and bathroom. During the day I often close those partially or fully. I've also closed 2 vents over the kitchen. The idea was to direct more cool air to the sitting area. And our bedroom A/C is non-ducted. When it's running there's no need for cool air running from the living room unit. At night, I turn off the bedroom A/C (too noisy to sleep under it) and open the vents.

Will it cause problems? I don't know. But I've been doing this for at least 4 or 5 years without a problem.

mwc

Where did you get the adjustable vents? I need some of the round ones for my 2018 Cyclone.