COAL MINE TOUR DURING RALLY (Sat - Jun 16) - Gillette, WY

jbeletti

Who wants to see a coal mine! An email was sent out tonight to all rally attendees. The content of that email appears below.

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally
hoc_logo_color_x250.gif

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally

Alpha Coal/Eagle Butte Mine Tour

Saturday, June 16

Hi
Jim,

The Heartland Owners Club is pleased to announce the addition of an optional coal mine tour to the rally agenda.

Tours of the nearby Alpha Coal/Eagle Butte Mine will be offered on a signup basis to the first 48 rally attendees to signup online. There is no cost for this tour.

Below is some information about these tours.

• We are limited to 2 tours only. This was based on available staff at the mine to give the tours.
  • Each tour is in an Alpha Coal/Eagle Butte Mine bus which holds a maximum of 24 people.
  • For safety, you will remain in the bus for most of the tour. As such, the mine is not allowing attendees to ride out to the mine in their own vehicle for this tour.
  • The bus will pick up in front of the Wyoming Center Building (our rally hall) in the parking lot and will leave at 9 am for Tour 1 and 11 am for Tour 2. Again, there is a limit of 24 people per bus and one bus per tour.
  • Each tour is about 2 hours in length, including transportation time to and from the mine.
  • The bus will return you to the Wyoming Center Building after the tour.
  • What can you expect to see on the tour?
    • You will be on an active mining site;
    • You will be driving alongside the big haul trucks;
    • You will see where train cars are loaded;
    • If time allows, you may be able to get off the bus at observation areas and/or take pictures along side the haul trucks;
    • You will see post-mining reclaimed areas.
  • What to wear?
    • Flat shoes for walking on dirt and rock near the observation areas: no flip flops, or backless shoes.
    • Jeans and perhaps a jacket, even in the summer, depending on the weather and the wind.
    • Sunglasses.
  • Make sure to BRING CAMERAS!!
To register for the Alpha Coal/Eagle Butte Mine tour, follow these steps:

1. Follow this link to go to your rally registration: https://www.regonline.com/register/login.aspx?EventId=1034473
    1. Log into your rally registration using the email address you registered for the rally with and the password you chose;
    2. Once logged in, click the Continue button;
    3. The next screen will be for the Alpha Mine Tour. Pick either the 9am or 11am tour and enter your number of attendees (from your RV only) in the appropriate box. If both tours are sold-out, add your number of attendees in the Stand-by tour* box;
    4. Click the Continue button;
    5. The next and final screen will be your full rally details. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click the Finish button. If you do not click the Finish button you will NOT be registered for any tour;
    6. If you were allowed to select the 9am or 11am tour, you are now CONFIRMED as having a seat on this tour. The week of the rally, a list of attendees for each tour will be published on the rally thread of the forum.
* Stand-by tour
If a sufficient number of attendees register for the stand-by tour for the Alpha Coal Mine, we will consider renting a larger bus that will allow us to double the tour capacity. In that event, all stand-by registrants will be offered a 9am or 11am tour.
If there are not enough stand-by registrations to justify renting a larger bus, stand-by registrants will be notified that their registrations cannot be filled.

See you in Gillette!

Thank you,

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
President, Heartland Owners Club

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, I signed us up, but could not find the date until I got a confirmation email after the fact. It's Saturday, correct?

jbeletti

Re: COAL MINE TOUR DURING RALLY - Gillette, WY

Oops!

Thanks Erika - yes, Saturday. Three people read through that document. Guess we all knew what day it was and mentally passed over the fact that the day was not mentioned.

I've now addd Saturday, June 16 to the header of the tour registration page.

Thanks again.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Jim,
Just a heads up. Don't know if it's an issue, but I didn't get this via e-mail, or the golf cart update e-mail. Not in spam either. Trace

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

That is a very educational and informative tour. We took it at an Escapade several years ago and learned alot. Highly recommended..

danemayer

My email was in the spam folder, but I found it anyway.

The only choice I had was for standby. I guess it only took a few hours for all the spaces to get taken.

jnv

We're signed up for the stand-by tour and if given a choice would like the late morning (11:00 am) tour. Thanks!

TandT

We just signed up for the standby tour also.
Jim fyi, we still have not received any e-mail updates for anything. Trace

Last edited:

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
jim, I filled out the application this morning, but it was confusing. when I put in 2 for the qty, it would not let me do that, so i put in 1 and and it took it..... I also did not receive any confirmation..
karen

olcoon

Guess I'm not the only one that didn't get the email. Don't feel so bad now, I was starting to feel like the red headed step child! :cool:;)

jbeletti

For those who did not receive the email, I offer the following thoughts:
1. The email address you registered for the rally is an old address perhaps - that you no longer use
2. Your email provider is blocking email sent from regonline.com
3. The messages are going into your Spam or Bulk folders
4. You use AOL and the message might come to you in a few days

Sort of grasping above, but it's something. Email was sent to all rally attendees that were registered as of last night to the email addresses that are in their rally registration. Be aware, several emails were sent last night to the same group in the same way. Maybe you missed all 3? Hope not.

For those who could get in but it would not accept your request for the tours - they sold out very fast. So it was sold out when you attempted.

For those who did not get on the stand-by list - there are 2 spots left on that list.

I am working with a local bus company to rent a 50 passenger bus. I feel this should not be a problem to do. Therefore, I expect that a stand-by of 50 people can be accommodated. If this comes to pass, we will reach out to all 50 on the stand-by list to ask if you prefer 9am or 11am. In the end, some may not get their choice as we'll fill the slots as we hear back from people.

If we are unable to fill the bus with the stand-bys dues to some changing their mind or electing to not go on the time slot we may have to put them in, we will open up the tours again for any remaining slots that may open up.

jbeletti

Okay - I just looked up each person's email address from this thread that said they never received the Mine Tour email and maybe others. I compared those addresses to the addresses you used when you registered for the rally. In all cases, they matched perfectly. We know it's not an email typo on your part anywhere.

In one case, the person is an AOL user. AOL is, well, funny sometimes about email. You'll probably get it this weekend. Sorry but I can't help this one.

I see where Dan Mayer did find that his email provider treated mail from regonline.com as spam and put it in his spam folder. Sorry, but I can't help in these cases but glad Dan found his.

So, that leaves Spam and Bulk folders, outright rejection by mail providers or another outlier, maybe you've actually changed your email address since you registered for the rally. Probably not likely, but what do I know :)

For your "rally registration only", not the forum, not the club, if anyone has an alternate email address that they would like their "Rally Registration" to use instead of the one in use there now, kindly click this link to email a replacement email address to Julie and specifically ask her to replace the email address in your rally registration with this one.

Thanks,

olcoon

Jim,
After I sent you the email, I got to checking, and the only emails I've received about the rally were the initial ones when I registered. Didn't the one for service requests either. Like I've said, I checked my spam folders (got 2 of them), and haven't changed email, double checked my email address & it appears to be correct.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Mr. Jim....
Again I did not receive an email about activity concerning the Rally. Would you please check the email list and see if my email address is included.

The only way I am getting any notification is through the Forum..

Thank you
BC

jbeletti

Bob,

The email address used for your rally registration matches the one used for your forum registration. I sent you a test email from my Gmail account. I assume you will receive it. If you do, this confirms that your email provider is blocking email from regonline.com

jbeletti

Here's something I dug up. The bottom line is that those NOT getting email from regonline.com need to ask their email provider to add regonline.com and/or their mail server IPs to their Whitelist.

Data below was obtained from RegOnline

Preventing emails from being blocked by spam filters

Emails from RegOnline are not going through. How can I prevent them from being blocked by my company's spam filter?

Content / Solution:

Some email systems block emails coming from RegOnline because it is sent from a RegOnline server, but says that it is coming from your email address. When this happens, emails may appear in the spam/junk mail box, or may be blocked from an email system automatically.

If you suspect emails are being blocked, you will need to have RegOnline added to the email system's whitelist. This can be done by IP Address or Domain Name.
By IP Address (@port 25):

By Domain Name:
*.regonline.com (if the mail server accepts wildcards)

TandT

Nothing is going to my spam either. Just not getting anything at all, other than the original Rally notification. BTW this is on Yahoo.

I searched for an option in Yahoo to add the address you gave and I can't find the proper function.

Since I'm not an I.T. guy, I guess I'll have to try to find one. Trace

jbeletti

Stand-by list to be filled! - coal mine tour

Good news - the stand-by list WILL BE FILLED!

We were able to rent a larger bus. Julie will being contacting all those who are on the stand-by list to get them slotted into either the 9am or 11am tour.

Once the stand-by list has been filled and cleared, we will change the max capacity of the stand-by list to a number equal to any remaining seats on the tours and then open the stand-by list back up.