coaxial confusion

farside291

Maybe front baths are different. However most others have you place the sat box in the closet and a HDMI cable is provided to get the sat signal across the bedroom to the TV. I was a little confused on this in the beginning. But in the picture you can see the sat cable coming from the UDC and passing thru on the lower connection of the amp and the HDMI and cable/OTA cables connected to a plate to the right of the amp that sends them across the bedroom. So it is fully functional and the TV input selects the source. Maybe you just over looked and installed HDMI up there? The DTV box and remote are set to RF and not IR, so it works with the closet door closed.

Chris

There is no HDMI connection in the front bath closet. There is however one in the living room TV cabinet.

EOneal59

You can go to Tools HOM and pick Electronics, Coax Layouts, All Brands pick Coax 2015 Landmark, Bighorn
This is the lay out on my BH 3570RS and my be close to what you have in your BH
This diagram help me run down issues I had with my tv cables
Hope it helps you out

Ed

crussian

You can go to Tools HOM and pick Electronics, Coax Layouts, All Brands pick Coax 2015 Landmark, Bighorn
This is the lay out on my BH 3570RS and my be close to what you have in your BH
This diagram help me run down issues I had with my tv cables
Hope it helps you out

Ed

I am assuming that if I call Heartland and provide my VIN they can send me a link to or send me via email the coax layout diagram for my 2015 Oakmont?

Thanks in advance.

C&J

uncledon

Her chauffeur
There is no HDMI connection in the front bath closet. There is however one in the living room TV cabinet.

There is one on my 2015 BH in the front closet on the front wall near the safe. There is another at the BR TV location. I'm pretty sure my issue had to do with one of the coaxial connectors not being tight as I didn't really do anything else in the end.

CarterKraft

Its fairly easy to foul a coax cable when crimping on the end or connecting it to the jack itself. If the jacket or shield contacts the center conductor the result is a dead cable. Maybe you found a dead cable and fixed it?

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Its fairly easy to foul a coax cable when crimping on the end or connecting it to the jack itself. If the jacket or shield contacts the center conductor the result is a dead cable. Maybe you found a dead cable and fixed it?

Perhaps! I used to have to make up coaxials while working as an industrial electrician for a maufacturing company. That was in my other life when they paid me to work...now they pay me not to. :D