commode

roy2

hello every body just need a little help not sure if i do or not.when i press on the foot peddle on mycommode i hear a clicking sound just one click.so do i need any help or not. thank you. since im here another problem i have presser relif valve is leaking on my water heater. i have a new one for it. is there anything i should know how to change it.besides turning the water off and opening the forcest to take the pressure off of it.i didnt open the forcest one time what a suprize i had and a mess on me.while im changeing it ill put a couple of gals of vinegar in it to clean it out. thanks fo your help.be carefull out there.we are to old not to wear are mask.

danemayer

Hi Roy,

The Suburban Water Heater Manual says the following:

WATER WEEPING OR DRIPPING FROM PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE

You may experience water weeping or dripping from your water heater’s Pressure
and Temperature (P & T) Relief Valve when your water heater is operating. Water
weeping or dripping from the P & T Valve does not always mean the P & T Valve
is defective. As water is heated, it expands. The water system in a recreational
vehicle is a closed system and does not allow for the expansion of heated water.
When the pressure of the water system exceeds the relieving point of the P & T
Valve, the valve will relieve the excess pressure.

Suburban recommends that a check valve not be installed directly at the inlet to
the water heater tank. This will increase weeping of the pressure relief valve.

WARNING! Do not remove or plug the relief valve.

One way to reduce the frequency of this occurrence is to maintain an air pocket
at the top of the water heater tank. This air pocket will form in the tank by design.
However, it will be reduced over time by the everyday use of your water heater.

To replenish this air pocket:
1. Turn off water heater.
2. Turn off cold water supply line.
3. Open a faucet in the RV.
4. Pull out on the handle of the Pressure Relief (P & T) Valve and allow water to
flow from the valve until it stops.
5. Release handle on P & T Valve - it should snap closed.
6. Close faucet and turn on cold water supply; as the tank fills, the air pocket
will develop.

Repeat this procedure as often as needed to reduce the frequency of the weeping
of the P & T Valve. If the weeping persists after following this procedure, you may
elect to install an expansion or accumulator tank in the cold water line between
the tank and check valve to relieve the pressure caused by thermal expansion.

Contact your local dealer for assistance.

centerline

ive had them leak before, and after working the lever a couple times, it resealed itself..... I believe that when calcium/minerals start to form in the tank, and then the valve seeps as normal when the water gets hot, it can carry a piece of the debris which can get stuck under the valve seat...

BUT, the water heated NEEDS to be OFF, and the water in the tank COLD.... then work the lever on the valve with full water pressure in the system to flush out any debris that may be contributing to the problem.

as for the commode clicking, there may not be anything seriously wrong thats going to cause a failure, but it shouldnt click. depending on what commode it is, some of them can have the lever and valve connection lubricated so it operates smoother.

roy2

hello every body just need a little help not sure if i do or not.when i press on the foot peddle on mycommode i hear a clicking sound just one click.so do i need any help or not. thank you. since im here another problem i have presser relif valve is leaking on my water heater. i have a new one for it. is there anything i should know how to change it.besides turning the water off and opening the forcest to take the pressure off of it.i didnt open the forcest one time what a suprize i had and a mess on me.while im changeing it ill put a couple of gals of vinegar in it to clean it out. thanks fo your help.be carefull out there.we are to old not to wear are mask.
ok thanks you guys for the help i had to change the valve it keep on leaking on me so when i change it inside of it was full of white stuff in it. i was suprized it was so eazy to change when i took off the couple of panels . now since i put 2 gals of vinigar in the tank now just wondering i knida know to leave it in there for maybe 24 hours should i turn it on with the elect or not.then should i drain it again or not. thanks.

wdk450

I have had this problem with water scale deposits, too. I respect TV Contractor "Make It Right" Mike Holmes and purchased the electronic water descaler product he uses and endorses, about a year ago for my 5th wheel RV. I simply wound the 2 electrode antenna wires around a section of my incoming white water hose with the electronics box in place between the wire coils, taped them in place, and plugged in the power transformer. When I did my yearly water heater flushout and descaling of the heater element and sacrificial anode rod, I NOTED FAR LESS SCALE IN/ON THE WATER HEATER COMPONENTS THAN IN PREVIOUS YEARS!!! Also, my showerhead and kitchen sink sprayer have far less scale deposits than in previous years.

This system does not claim to remove hard water deposits, like conventional water softener systems (that require regular maintenance and salt supplies), but rather says that the electronic fields impressed on the hard water molecules make them not "stick" to plumbing surfaces. All i know is that it seems to work.

Be aware that if you decide to try this product, that the Amazon vendor is reported to have a "NO RETURNS" policy. I bought from the Scalesweeper.com website, and Home Depot.com seems to list this product, too.

See: https://scalesweeper.com/